Spotted pricing mistake

I'm looking for a holiday and I've just spotted a 10 day tour of NZ for £400 online. It says flights are included from the UK, which is obviously a mistake, judging by the price of the other holidays on the site and the cost of flights alone to NZ . If i go ahead and book online, will they have to honour this price with flights??

what do you think?
No links in signatures by site rules - Forum Team 2

Comments

• David_Brent
    David_Brent Posts: 697 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    It's hard to say exactly, but its worth a try and you have nothing to lose if you are correct about it being a pricing mistake! I would first find out if it IS a pricing mistake and not a special offer or has some other hidden agenda in the small print such as having to book accomodation through them costing extra money etc.etc. Oh and if you are correct maybe you would be kind enough to share this web address with the rest of us :) ?
    !"£$%^&*()
  • They won't have to honour it unless they send you a confirmation invoice.

In contract law, it is "an invitation to treat" or negotiate. Put basically, you are "offering" them £400, they can either "accept" and take your "consideration" (money) - in which case, a contract comes into being - or they can decline your offer.

I did book a hotel online last year with https://www.seligo.com, and at a quarter of the proper price. They did honour the booking (which was a few months later) but corrected their website within days of taking my deposit.
  • I emailed them and they confirmed it was £400 overland - no flights included. Bet they correct the mistake soon. Shame, thought i was on to one there!!!
    No links in signatures by site rules - Forum Team 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport