Brugge break for my parents

Options
Hi, we want give my parents a break to Brugge for my dad's 60th, looking around the beginning of October.

Flying from Birmingham to Brussells, found a hotel (Best Western) but lookinfgfor transfers to the hotel, looks quite far in a taxi?

Anybody any ideas or recommendations for Brugge?

Thanks
Rob

Comments

• surfpam111
    surfpam111 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    I went to brugge via eurostar in Feb. I would reccomend the public transport system. very reliable and very cheap. Everybody really wants to help you, the ticket office even surrgested that as there was a group of us if we were under 30 we could get a special price.

Train is under an hour to brugge. if not able to get train I am sure you could get a bus - these are also very cheap.

e.g 4 Euros for 6 people from Brugge train staion to town.

Hope this helps
  • pin
    pin Posts: 4,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Brussels airport is a bit of a distance from the city. However there is a fast bus service into the centre of town. From there you would get a train to Brugges.

Another suggestion, Brussels is actually a very underrated city. There is lots to do there. Why not base yourself in Brussels and do a day trip to Brugges?
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind" - Mahatma Gandhi
  • loobs40
    loobs40 Posts: 1,232 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    you can get a train from brussels airport to the centre of brussels (i forget which station) and from the same station get a train to Brugges. We have done it several times and its quick, cheap and efficient
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure