black horse finance

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
4 replies 865 views
angel1265angel1265 Forumite
3 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
hi could anyone advise me on this please last week i sent a letter off to black horse finance after discovering that my monthly loan payment of £165.00 included £39.00 of ppi each month , I was sold it at the time of taking out the loan I was not asked of any pre existing medical conditions or if I already had cover independantly to protect my income , well i have both so i wrote off to reclaim saying i was mis sold the policy they replied within 2 days saying i was not mis sold the cover and enclosing a copy of a document i had signed what i want to know is this worth chasing up because i still feel i was mis sold the cover thank you

Replies

• petermb_2petermb_2 Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    angel1265 wrote: »
    hi could anyone advise me on this please last week i sent a letter off to black horse finance after discovering that my monthly loan payment of £165.00 included £39.00 of ppi each month , I was sold it at the time of taking out the loan I was not asked of any pre existing medical conditions or if I already had cover independantly to protect my income , well i have both so i wrote off to reclaim saying i was mis sold the policy they replied within 2 days saying i was not mis sold the cover and enclosing a copy of a document i had signed what i want to know is this worth chasing up because i still feel i was mis sold the cover thank you

Yes it is well worth pursuing. The vast majority of PPI policies were mis-sold.
    Dont let them fob you off or bully you. Keep on going.
    I am a former Broker, former IFA and former compliance officer, for my sins.

However, I have since seen the light.
  • di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts

Hi there.

Do not worry, what you have received is standard, and considering they investigated this by 2 days, it does seem rather too quickly doesn't it?
    As if they did not bother, but throw in the copy of the agreement.

This means nothing, write back to them and tell them despite you signing, you still believe you were mis sold and would like them to reconsider, if they are unable to resolve your complaint then you can try the financial ombudsman service (FOS) anyway.

Just keep at them, good luck.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • angel1265angel1265 Forumite
    3 Posts
    thank you so much glad you have seen the light lol i will keep going at them
  • dave345dave345 Forumite
    14 Posts
    thank you so much glad you have seen the light lol i will keep going at them
    hi angel yes keep at them i did and was rewarded my ppi bk of £1400+£200comp for the stress and 8% interest after going to the fos.
    I am now in the process of going to get another claim for ppi on a loan i have with blackhorse the loan dosnt finish until next year so hopefully that wont go against me and i can still claim for the ppi on it if i am successful hope they dont take the ppi of the loan and pay it right to me instead.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Ultrafast broadband upgrades

Being made available to more English counties

MSE News

30+ ways to stop scams

Incl tips to spot 'em & what to do if you're scammed

MSE Guides

£37 of No7 beauty products for £12

Available online and in stores

MSE Deals