PPI confusion

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
1 reply 480 views
barloo69barloo69 Forumite
372 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
I hope somebody out there can help me as I just seem to be going round in circles.

If I believe I have missold PPI then who do I pursue. The broker that sold the policy with the loan or the financial provider that provided the loan.

Reason why I am asking is because I am receiving conflicting advice. I initially wrote to the loan provider but they are now saying I need to pursue the broker.

Help please.
If you see a penny, pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck !!!!!! :D

Replies

• petermb_2petermb_2 Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    barloo69 wrote: »
    I hope somebody out there can help me as I just seem to be going round in circles.

If I believe I have missold PPI then who do I pursue. The broker that sold the policy with the loan or the financial provider that provided the loan.

Reason why I am asking is because I am receiving conflicting advice. I initially wrote to the loan provider but they are now saying I need to pursue the broker.

Help please.

You heard of Mandy Rice Davis? Her famous words spring to mind. "They would say that wouldnt they?"
    You will get conflicting advice on here too but as a claims man I always say go for the lender. Dont let them fob you off. They are well practiced in the art.
    I am a former Broker, former IFA and former compliance officer, for my sins.

However, I have since seen the light.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Ultrafast broadband upgrades

Being made available to more English counties

MSE News

30+ ways to stop scams

Incl tips to spot 'em & what to do if you're scammed

MSE Guides

£37 of No7 beauty products for £12

Available online and in stores

MSE Deals