my keyboard has gone stupid!!!

in Techie Stuff
16 replies 613 views
hi can anyone help please< all my keys arent doing what they are meant to for eg< my full stop is no more< all my numbers are the symbols< i have to have caps lock on for lower case>

and also< everytime io click a link its opens a new window< and another thing< i cant use my curser keys to go back and correct words that are typo cos it highlights them and then deletes them<

please help :eek:
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

If you really cant knit very well, then practise drumming with the needles...

:j

Replies

• crampo_2crampo_2 Forumite
    428 Posts
    what OS do u have?
    Peter: Hey Lois... what's this word? Lois: Evil. Peter: And this one? Lois: Knievel. Peter: And this one? Lois: Was. Peter: And this one? Lois: Born. Peter: And this one? Lois: In.
    Peter: And this one? Lois: Montana. Peter: Ah... oh, hey Lois did you know Evil Knievel was born in Montana? Family Guy - I Take Thee, Quagmire 04x21
  • Tia_Maria06Tia_Maria06 Forumite
    777 Posts
    windows xp>>> oh its driving me crackers!!
    He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

428 Posts
    Is the keyboard setup propley . On the language settings. Should Be Set up on "English (United Kingdom"). as standard most are setup as American.
    Peter: Hey Lois... what's this word? Lois: Evil. Peter: And this one? Lois: Knievel. Peter: And this one? Lois: Was. Peter: And this one? Lois: Born. Peter: And this one? Lois: In.
    Peter: And this one? Lois: Montana. Peter: Ah... oh, hey Lois did you know Evil Knievel was born in Montana? Family Guy - I Take Thee, Quagmire 04x21
    777 Posts
    i cant find it< i went into control panel and it [email protected] say> i am using mozilla too

777 Posts
    [email protected] checked the language from control panel and its english> i think i pressed and held downa a button and then it said toggle something but i was on the phone and didnt take any motice>>>shall i do system restore

428 Posts
    if you press shift 5 times it brings up the sticky keys feature
    777 Posts
    oh thats not done anything<<< i could cry!

• -TangleFoot--TangleFoot- Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Take a look at the Accessibility Options in the Control Panel; you may have enabled one of them (FilterKeys?) by accident.
    777 Posts
    nope< nothing is ticked

• -TangleFoot--TangleFoot- Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Hmm... is one of the keys on your keyboard labelled F Lock?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Check your Clubcard vouchers

Use our trick to extend them

MSE News

Preparing for summer

What MoneySaving things can you do now to get ready?

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals