edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
3 replies 524 views
Inespa85Inespa85 Forumite
572 Posts
Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
Hello,
I've had a little success before with reclaiming PPI with Halifax but i would really appreciate some advice/opinions on how to deal with HFC. Let me give you a little background on where i have got to so far:

After a long drawn out battle with the HFC we finally received a response to our SAR with copies of the computer print out paperwork as they have lost our original paperwork. We then put in a claim about the PPI on both these loans as we settled both early and they also told us we had to take the PPI out to get the loans. After almost 16 weeks they replied to one of the loans (still waiting on the other! :mad:) to say they disagree with our claims but will offer us a goodwill gesture as they do not accept the allegations and do not admit liability (see bottom). Our case is already with the Financial Ombudsman as its taking them so long to get back to us but i would just like to hear whether people think the offer is fair as all i have is the loan amount and dates we took them out and ended them as thats all they provided us with so its hard to judge whether they are just trying to take us for a ride or if its a genuine good offer. Here are the loan details:

Loan 1 - £3114.00 08/05/04 - 25/08/04 (18mth loan)
Loan 2 - £11040.00 25/08/04 - 17/04/07 (5yr loan)

Goodwill gesture - on loan 1 only:
Premiums paid (xxx to xxx guessing was meant to have dates!) 39.28
Balance refund for early settlement 51.68
Plus interest at 8% 0.44
Plus interest at 8% from date of settlement to now 15.36
Total 106.76

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. I know its good we've got a goodwill gesture but is this just to shut me up and make me go away or is it fair?

Replies

• di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    Inespa85 wrote: »
    Hello,
    I've had a little success before with reclaiming PPI with Halifax but i would really appreciate some advice/opinions on how to deal with HFC. Let me give you a little background on where i have got to so far:

After a long drawn out battle with the HFC we finally received a response to our SAR with copies of the computer print out paperwork as they have lost our original paperwork. We then put in a claim about the PPI on both these loans as we settled both early and they also told us we had to take the PPI out to get the loans. After almost 16 weeks they replied to one of the loans (still waiting on the other! :mad:) to say they disagree with our claims but will offer us a goodwill gesture as they do not accept the allegations and do not admit liability (see bottom). Our case is already with the Financial Ombudsman as its taking them so long to get back to us but i would just like to hear whether people think the offer is fair as all i have is the loan amount and dates we took them out and ended them as thats all they provided us with so its hard to judge whether they are just trying to take us for a ride or if its a genuine good offer. Here are the loan details:

Loan 1 - £3114.00 08/05/04 - 25/08/04 (18mth loan)
    Loan 2 - £11040.00 25/08/04 - 17/04/07 (5yr loan)

Goodwill gesture - on loan 1 only:
    Premiums paid (xxx to xxx guessing was meant to have dates!) 39.28
    Balance refund for early settlement 51.68
    Plus interest at 8% 0.44
    Plus interest at 8% from date of settlement to now 15.36
    Total 106.76

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. I know its good we've got a goodwill gesture but is this just to shut me up and make me go away or is it fair?

Hi there.

In regards of goodwill offers they are mainly lower than the amount of what it would be if they admitted liability, if it were me (please note though its just my opinion), I would not accept a low offer, and ask if they are willing to higher the amount to a more reasonable offer, or you still stand your ground that you believe you were mis sold, where you request for the whole lot back with the interest etc.
    But like I said this is my personal opinion, as you know yourself you can still go to the FOS about this like your other, but a long wait I know.

As this also depends on how you personally feel about this as well, if you need that money right now etc. X

Hopefully others will post up as well, its best to try and get a few opinions on this, good luck hunni.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Inespa85Inespa85 Forumite
    572 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Hi Di,
    Thanks for your reply. I think you may have helped me with the Halifax claim but i forgot my username and had to reregister. I do feel this is a bit on the low side as my halifax loan was 18k and we got almost £1600 back as the difference on the early resettlement figure but it is just so hard without the paperwork to kknow what the PPI would have been that we had paid. We had 6 weeks to respond from last Friday so i think i'll wait and see what others say though i do feel its a bit on the low side.
    Thank you.
    Paula
  • di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    Inespa85 wrote: »
    Hi Di,
    Thanks for your reply. I think you may have helped me with the Halifax claim but i forgot my username and had to reregister. I do feel this is a bit on the low side as my halifax loan was 18k and we got almost £1600 back as the difference on the early resettlement figure but it is just so hard without the paperwork to kknow what the PPI would have been that we had paid. We had 6 weeks to respond from last Friday so i think i'll wait and see what others say though i do feel its a bit on the low side.
    Thank you.
    Paula

Oh Hi hun lol, :D;).

I will keep my fingers crossed for you and see what others have to say as well, so bumping this up the same time hun.;)
    And your very welcome.

They try it on don't they will these low offers of goodwill?

Di
    XX
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up