Bespoke/Freedom Finance/FSA Question.

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
2 replies 2K views
angelaoctoberangelaoctober Forumite
4 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
Hi

Just wondering if someone can help me please. My hubby and i took out a loan withh Freedom Finance back in March 2002 (approx). We dont have the paperwork so we wrote to them obtaining information on our old loan. This was a secured loan and we borrowed something like £40K but had to repay something like £70K over the 10 years. I dont remember the actual figures but remember that the figures were huge. Freedom have come back to us and said that they have passed our detials onto Bespoke Finance in Gibraltar. ( we have never heard of these people), so unless I am wrong has the dept been passed onto them??

In their letter to us, "At the time of conducting with you, Freedom Finance )acting on behalf of Bespoke Finance ) was not required to be authorised and regulated by the FSA. This to me sounds like rubbish, but wanted some advice from the people in the know!

Can anyone suggest any light my way?

Thanks to everyone for the inspiration.
Angela x

Replies

• di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    Hi

Just wondering if someone can help me please. My hubby and i took out a loan withh Freedom Finance back in March 2002 (approx). We dont have the paperwork so we wrote to them obtaining information on our old loan. This was a secured loan and we borrowed something like £40K but had to repay something like £70K over the 10 years. I dont remember the actual figures but remember that the figures were huge. Freedom have come back to us and said that they have passed our detials onto Bespoke Finance in Gibraltar. ( we have never heard of these people), so unless I am wrong has the dept been passed onto them??

In their letter to us, "At the time of conducting with you, Freedom Finance )acting on behalf of Bespoke Finance ) was not required to be authorised and regulated by the FSA. This to me sounds like rubbish, but wanted some advice from the people in the know!

Angela x

Hi Angela and welcome.;)

There have been a few on this thread with the same, so hopefully they will post up, however, have you any paperwork at all?

Or is this what you are waiting for?
    I take it you have requested for a subject Access Request (SAR)?
    Where they should provide all the information they have on you.
    With a payment of £10 postal order or cheque payment.

Another way here is to contact the Financial ombudsman service(FOS) ask if they are able to help assist with this in any way for you.

When you do receive the paperwork, check out for the name of the business.;)
    FOS contact here, I would ring the FOS and not email, as it may be a little while before you hear.
    http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm
    Good luck, please keep us posted, cheers.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • petermb_2petermb_2 Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Hi

Angela x

Hi Angela,
    Is the loan still current or have you repaid it?
    Both Freedom and Bespoke are brokers.
    Who is or was your loan with?
    My advice in all matters PPI is go after the lender not the broker.
    It is invariably the lender who arranged the insurance.
    I am a former Broker, former IFA and former compliance officer, for my sins.

However, I have since seen the light.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals