IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Inadvertently parked in Residents Only

Hi,

I am community midwife and today whilst out on my visits I mistakenly parked in a residents permit only road. I did not see any signs until I looked for them after coming back to my car to find the PCN.

I do have a midwife on call sign and a healthcare workers green cross badge and time clock (the badge is fixed to my windscreen). However, I was not displaying the clock or the midwife on-call sign as I did not realise it was a restricted area.

I have emailed to appeal. What do you think my chances of having my appeal upheld are? What should my next course of action be if not? :o

Comments

• peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Could you confirm that the road was owned by the council and that it is a council ticket.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • debjay
    debjay Posts: 2,090 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I assume its a council road and the ticket is a council one as I have had to email the local council to appeal
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I'm sure the experts will be along soon.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • debjay
    Hope so :D
  • sarahg1969
    sarahg1969 Posts: 6,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    OP, please read the sticky on the front of this board, and follow the instructions.

No one can advise you without knowing what kind of ticket it is. If it's a council ticket we need to it - all of it.
  • debjay
    I dont have a scanner here so will get OH to scan it in at work tomorrow.

It was issued by Torbay Council if that is any help
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport