Corner sofa!?

Options
I have spotted a nice corner sofa on ebay but the listing doesn't specify whether the two sides come apart to allow for easy transportation. Is this standard for all corner sofas or are some of them permentantly right angles?

Have sent the seller a question but the listing ends soon.

Comments

• zfrl
    zfrl Posts: 641 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It really depends on the unit. Mine comes apart but when we looked there were lots that didn't. Can you give more info as someone might have a similar one.
    :cool:
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." Winston Churchill
    [SIZE=-1]
    [/SIZE]
  • stationaryace
    Options
    i bought a corner sofa last month and it splits into 3 parts- a 3 seat, a 2 seat and the corner join. my one and only experience so not sure how useful it is. wouldn't permanent right angles make for really difficult moving?
    when the first cup of coffee tastes like washing up she knows she's losing it :o
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I can't imagine that any company would make a sofa that couldn't be transported easily and wouldn't fit into most houses.

Why not ask the seller.
  • lous_2
    lous_2 Posts: 110 Forumite
    edited 30 June 2009 at 1:26PM
    Options
    Very difficult for moving! Not sure how it would get through a door.

Here's a picture:

http://i.ebayimg.com/21/!BU-34y!CGk~$(KGrHgoH-DMEjlLltmFiBKQPw,68mQ~~_1.JPG

I've messaged the seller, but bidding ends soon and there is a chance they will not have time to reply.
  • stationaryace
    Options
    that looks similar to mine- you can see where the body joins. if it is like mine it should be joined together with little metal poles on one side and slots in the other. mine was a charity shop job and only had one out of 4 poles left in it but manages fine without
    when the first cup of coffee tastes like washing up she knows she's losing it :o
  • vansboy
    vansboy Posts: 6,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It'll probably come apart ok, BUT...A couple things to think of..

The foto looks like it's pretty much well sat on & might be left with not too much support in the base. It actually looks similar to the Homebase Megan range (search fabric sofas on homebase site) which looked fine, when I wanted one. But sat on them in store & felt like there was no filling, even on NEW ones. So see if you can get to see what make it is & try one firest, if you've time.

& most corner groups I looked at, can't be repositioned without having the framework showing, 'cos they expect you to have it all joined up. That was another reason we chose Homebase York sofa - it can be positioned in lots ways & all sides of the seats are covered in finished material, with no 'odd' bits showing through.

hope it's a bargain for you!!

VB
  • lous_2
    lous_2 Posts: 110 Forumite
    Options
    It is from harveys, so a reputable brand. It was bought 2 years ago. I assume it's possible to 're-stuff' the seats if they don't feel filled enough. It's at a really good price at the moment, it's just a shame I didn't spot the auction earlier so we could have gone to see it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure