We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Fashion colour coordination advice needed.

2

Comments

  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,229 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    accessories maketh the outfit (or something like that :D)
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • Rikki
    Rikki Posts: 21,625 Forumite
    Lets hope so p_d. I'm not used to being on ceremony.
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

    ......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • Katgoddess
    Katgoddess Posts: 1,821 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    I brought my pashminas from a market £2 each or 3 for a fiver. I have loads. :D I would go for cream.

    Talking of colours...what would go with a long brown gypsy type skirt apart from white?
    :heart: "A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." :heart:
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 580 Forumite
    Katgoddess wrote:
    Talking of colours...what would go with a long brown gypsy type skirt apart from white?

    Do you like bright colours? I'd probably go for something like burnt orange - stunning with brown.
  • aurora_borealis_2
    aurora_borealis_2 Posts: 13,477 Forumite
    Katgoddess wrote:
    I brought my pashminas from a market £2 each or 3 for a fiver. I have loads. :D I would go for cream.

    Talking of colours...what would go with a long brown gypsy type skirt apart from white?


    Brown and teal/duck egg blue is fashionable at the mo.

    Ricki, I'd go with cream/gold or black to match your shoes.
    de do-do-do, de dar-dar-dar ;)
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,229 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    green/khaki and brown always go well together.


    im really looking forward to the warm weather so i can wear summer clothes again :)
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • MinnieSpender
    MinnieSpender Posts: 2,975 Forumite
    Rikki wrote:
    Don't quite know where to post this so feel free to move.


    I'm going to a Black Tie Dinner. I have a dark burgundy ball gown and I need to find a pashmina to cover my shoulders. What colour do you suggest? Or any other ideas maybe?

    I've got a lovely lilac one which might go with it. If you'd like to borrow it rather than fork out for a new one, PM me and I'll bung it in the post for you.

    Would love lovely with silver accessories and maybe a slick of silver eyeshadow.
    :eek: What if the hokey cokey is what it's all about? :eek:
    Official "Bring back Mark and Lard NOW! or else (please)" Member 16
  • tootles_2
    tootles_2 Posts: 1,143 Forumite
    Go om the market and buy a length of cream tulle and get a friend with a sewing machine to stitch gold or burgundy ribbon around the edge.

    A freind of my daughters got married in a burgundy dress and needed something to cover her shoulders, this is what I did for her and it looked stunning..............



    Living in the sunny? Midlands, where the pork pies come from:

    saving for a trip to Florida and NYC Spring 2008

    Total so far £14.00!!
  • justin138
    justin138 Posts: 194 Forumite
    Borrow one of Katgodess' ! My tuppence worth anyhow
  • amazon_spice
    amazon_spice Posts: 1,639 Forumite
    Good old Primark - 'specially if it's not something you will use again. Good'n cheap.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.