Reclaiming PPI

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
6 replies 734 views
Roo1Roo1 Forumite
3 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
Can anyone help, I would like to try and reclaim the PPI on my loan but i am a little concerned as i had to go onto a DMP 2 years ago with the CCCS as i got into difficulties playing my bills due to the loss of my job. I didnt claim on my PPI as i found another job within 2 weeks but had to go onto a DMP due to the pay cut i had to take. What i would like to know is wheher i can try to claim even though i am tied into a DMP that does not finish till 2011. The loan i have would have finished by know if i had not had to go on a DMP.

thanks

Roo

Replies

• di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    Roo1 wrote: »
    Can anyone help, I would like to try and reclaim the PPI on my loan but i am a little concerned as i had to go onto a DMP 2 years ago with the CCCS as i got into difficulties playing my bills due to the loss of my job. I didnt claim on my PPI as i found another job within 2 weeks but had to go onto a DMP due to the pay cut i had to take. What i would like to know is wheher i can try to claim even though i am tied into a DMP that does not finish till 2011. The loan i have would have finished by know if i had not had to go on a DMP.

thanks

Roo

Hi Roo and welcome.;)

If you were mis sold the PPI for any reason then yes you can still try to reclaim, it does not matter if your on DMP, if the account is still active or settled, if you were mis sold then you are entitled to reclaim it back.

For more information, there is a link below with useful info, checklist, and templates.
    If any of the reasons apply to you write them in, use the template as a guide if you want to.

They have 8 weeks to respond in full.

Another letter maybe required, if they do not resolve this in your favour, or if they give you the opportunity to write back with further information.
    In their final response they should give details of the Financial ombudsman service (FOS)if eligible to go this direction.

Post all letters by recorded delivery and please ask for further help if required, and if you can also keep us updated that would be cool.;)
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

Good luck.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • petermb_2petermb_2 Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Roo1 wrote: »

thanks

Roo

hi Roo

Even though you are on a DMP you are still eligible to claim the PPI back.
    The problem is that if the loan you are claiming from is one that you are dealing with through the DMP you will probably not get any money back. The lender is likely to insist that it is deducted from the balance of the debt.

You should certainly look at any older loans that you may have already paid off to see if you have ppi on those. Where your loans are repaid the lender will have to repay you as a cheque if there is no balance to deduct from, which may assist you a little.
    I am a former Broker, former IFA and former compliance officer, for my sins.

However, I have since seen the light.
  • kitsiseckitsisec Forumite
    4 Posts
    Hi, dilemma
    I have just received a letter from Halifax regarding my PPI reclaim. They have said they will be making me an offer to put me back into the position i would have been in had I not taken the insurance, without liability and in full and final settlement of my complaint. Now as my account is in arrears they will take this off the amount they will offer. Now do I accept what they offer or do i write again asking them to look at my complaint again and hold out for the amount plus 8% interest. Kind regards. Kitsisec
  • di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    kitsisec wrote: »
    Hi, dilemma
    I have just received a letter from Halifax regarding my PPI reclaim. They have said they will be making me an offer to put me back into the position i would have been in had I not taken the insurance, without liability and in full and final settlement of my complaint. Now as my account is in arrears they will take this off the amount they will offer. Now do I accept what they offer or do i write again asking them to look at my complaint again and hold out for the amount plus 8% interest. Kind regards. Kitsisec

Hi and welcome.;)

You could write to ask if they are able to pay towards the arrears and refund the remainder to you.
    And if they do not change this in your favour, you do have the choice of taking this to the financial ombudsman service (FOS) if you want to, but be prepared for a wait, due to the high level of these complaints.;)

They are not admitting liability, but are offering to put you back in the position as if PPI were not taken, yet if they did admit liability you would possibly have more say on this if you know what I mean.

But if your not happy, you do have that choice as stated above, good luck with this, and well done on this success.:beer:
  • Kumars2Kumars2 Forumite
    1 Post
    I am seeking advice on a matter related to shares of a company that has been now delisted and have been under official investigation. It turned out that details of unfair dealings started to came out and by May 2007, the company had been delisted.

How can I sell my shares of the company?
  • di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    Kumars2 wrote: »
    I am seeking advice on a matter related to shares of a company that has been now delisted and have been under official investigation. It turned out that details of unfair dealings started to came out and by May 2007, the company had been delisted.

How can I sell my shares of the company?

Hi and welcome.;)

Not sure on these actual matters, but maybe natweststaffmember will have some knowledge on this subject, if you want to post on this thread here, although the thread is in regards of banking, but the above may be able to help, or someone will be along here soon to help;):
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.html?f=102
    Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up