What Do You Wear In Bed?

Options
I go for the most MS option when it comes to actually getting into bed , although I do like soft cotton jersey PJ's for lounging. Last ones were from M&S and accidently paid far more than I would normally. Local market and Famous Names seconds shops are quite good for pj's here.

In winter, I snuggle in my Primark fleecy long dressing gown and M&S fluffy slippers. In the summer, and for hols and hospital, I have a cheap pair of cotton waffle mules I put away and a long white waffle cotton robe from M&S which is about 5 years old but I have started soaking it in Vanish and its like new again and nice and crisp looking!

I have a couple of soft cheapie bras, that don't give fantastic support but are comfortable and have pretty straps for lounging as bra-less is definitely NOT my best look:rotfl:

Since the big clear-out, I need new PJ's (that actually are the right size and colour this time!) for lounging and also something flattering for the boudoir IYKWIM! Sometime ago, I chucked out everything old and horrid, which has left me with next to nothing really, although I only want to replace it with the bare minimum!

What do you wear?

Comments

• whatatwit
    whatatwit Posts: 5,424 Forumite
    Options
    I've got a couple of PJ tops, from Tchibo that I wear when I get into bed, whilst I'm reading or surfing.

I have to take it off before I go to sleep or I wake up dripping in sweat _pale_

My dressing gown is a thick towelling one from a seconds shop, but it is looking past its best.

No emergency/holiday set, maybe I should keep an eye out :think:

I do have a fancy nightie that I paid fortunes for about 20 years ago.....not worn it much, maybe I should see if it still fits ;)
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no: 203.
  • goanmad
    goanmad Posts: 1,644 Forumite
    Options
    Nothing! I have to sleep in the nude.
  • MessyMare
    MessyMare Posts: 979 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    goanmad wrote: »
    Nothing! I have to sleep in the nude.

Same here, but I'm going to have to buy something as my new job requires me to sleep there!
    DEBT: £3585.91/£76843
    Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2018 #033 £635.78/£2435.78
    EMERGENCY FUND: £1000/£1000
    Our greatest weakness lies in giving up; always try just one more time
  • sharronloves2spend
    sharronloves2spend Posts: 962 Forumite
    edited 30 June 2009 at 11:34AM
    Options
    Oh bronnie your timing is impeccable as usual. Been thinking for a while now that underwer/nightwear needs to be sorted.

I wear jersey pajamas to bed, although i do like the expensive ones!! the main reason i only own about 3 really tatty pairs. I have a jersey dressing gown (calvin klein, tk maxx) that i sling over whenever im around the house.

Underwear, well needs some sorting, i've got stuff well past it's used by date, but needs replacing all the same.

Will defo get to this in the next day or two so will report back!!

Nice to have you back, missed your lively threads!!

Sharron xxxx
    Sometimes your the dog, and sometimes your the lampost..:p
  • margaretclare
    margaretclare Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    Options
    What I wear in bed - see: http://www.davidnieper.co.uk/short-sleeve-nightdresses/GB/1/filters/0/ST/SSND/

Their things are so well-made, such beautiful quality. I have this: http://www.davidnieper.co.uk/florentine-wrap/GB/1/055/GOWN/style/3282/

I've had it for about 15 years, it washes beautifully and it never looks a day older, colours unfaded etc.
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Æ[/FONT]r ic wisdom funde, [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]æ[/FONT]r wear[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]ð[/FONT] ic eald.
    Before I found wisdom, I became old.
  • glowgirl_2
    glowgirl_2 Posts: 4,591 Forumite
    Options
    I like nighties, I find La Senza are good quality and often have offers, the bigger the better as far as I'm concerned, peacocks is another fav, I have a short fleecy dressing gown from there that I love and I have big fluffy slippers in a boot shape from Tesco.

I have an odd habit of always wearing clean knickers to bed:Deven though I dont always wear them during the day;):rotfl:I can hear you all shouting 'too much information':rotfl:
    Thank you for this site Martin
    The time for change has come
    Good luck for the future
  • Ivrytwr3
    Ivrytwr3 Posts: 6,282 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    a smile. :)
  • ~*Plushroom*~
    ~*Plushroom*~ Posts: 2,542 Forumite
    Options
    Nothing, my room is too warm most of the year even with the windows open so I'd melt otherwise.
    The "Bloodlust" Clique - Morally equal to all. Member 1/Official 'Bring back Mark and Lard NOW! or else (please)' Member 18
    "We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free." Bill Hicks
    TRUE BLOOD FANGIRLS #4
    Wouldn't You Like To Be A Plushroom Too?:D
  • ceebeeby
    ceebeeby Posts: 4,357 Forumite
    Options
    Only pants, because I have this fear, that if there's a fire and I have to rescue the family, and end up standing on the street, I couldn't bear for the fireman to be in any way distracted from putting out the flames!!!!

I have one pair of PJ's that my MIL bought me about 12 years ago, after I went to stay at her house, and she came in in the morning with a cuppa, and I was nearly scuddly .... she presented me with them later that same day!! I still wear them whenever we stay over at hers (although they're a lot tighter now than they were back then).

Perhaps next time I'll go scuddly again, and when she comes in, say .... "oh, I'm a size 14 now" (hee-hee-hee)
  • minerva_windsong
    Options
    Depends whether or not I've got company... (I meant that in a 'when I'm visiting my boyfriend/he's visiting me' way, nothing else! *stops digging hole now*)

Normally, I'm a pyjamas type - I have sets ranging from a Primark set with a long sleeved top and long brushed cotton pants, an ancient George T shirt and shorts set, and a vest top and hotpants one my sister got me as a Christmas present when she lived in New Zealand and which only come out on holiday or when it's really hot. My current favourite though is a La Senza one with a green vest top and long soft grey pants with green polka dots on - yes it was expensive but I know I'll wear it to death.
    "A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." - Tyrion Lannister
    Married my best friend 1st November 2014
    Loose = the opposite of tight (eg "These trousers feel a little loose")
    Lose = the opposite of find/gain (eg "I'm going to lose weight this year")
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure