natwest adapt account

My son opened a Natwest Adapt account at the beginning of this year and he has received a letter today saying that Natwest have undertaken a review of the banking arrangements he has with them and with regret they have reached the conclusion that they will no longer provide the facilities for him. They go on to say that they require him to make alternative arrangements outside of the RBOS group and they will close his account in 14 days. They also say the bank is unwilling to enter into any further discussions with him regarding their decision. He has never been overdrawn and only has a 3 in 1 bank card. Does anyone know why this has occurred??

Comments

• thriftymomma
    thriftymomma Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    Aww your poor son. I might not have been anything that he did specifically. But in these tough times, banks are effectively cherry picking their customers.
    Got Halifax Classic to reduce my interest rate by 5% woohoo - 10/06/08 Thanks MSE!
    Another 3% shaved off 10/12/08
    ANOTHER 4 % June 09:beer:
  • rockyb72
    rockyb72 Posts: 7 Forumite
    That's awful, Im not sure why this happened to him but,but he should try opening an Expresscash(11-15yrs) or an Easycash(16+) account with Halifax.
  • so2006
    so2006 Posts: 638 Forumite
    It might just be because he hardly used his account etc there is a lot of factors banks have to take into account.

Natwest have broken there T&C's with my son, he has been overdraw 4 times and reclaimed £200 in charges and his account is still active (I am sure that ticked them off though!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure