Capital One PPI reclaim from 1999 and GISC.

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
2 replies 1.2K views
Siren1Siren1 Forumite
161 Posts
Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
I have been trying to reclaim PPI on a creditcard I have had with Cap 1 since 1999. Cap 1 weren't interested and I took it to the FOS, they sent me a letter saying that they couldn't help as Cap 1 were not members of the GISC at the time of the credit card application in 1999 and therefore were unregulated. I emailed the FOS and asked how I should proceed, and they emailed me a few weeks later to say that it is now a grey area and they are looking into these types of claims, and to send my correspondence back to them.

I'm still waiting on an outcome but if anyone else has had the same kind of scenario, then get in touch with the FOS again as they are looking into these cases again.

Replies

• di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    Siren1 wrote: »
    I have been trying to reclaim PPI on a creditcard I have had with Cap 1 since 1999. Cap 1 weren't interested and I took it to the FOS, they sent me a letter saying that they couldn't help as Cap 1 were not members of the GISC at the time of the credit card application in 1999 and therefore were unregulated. I emailed the FOS and asked how I should proceed, and they emailed me a few weeks later to say that it is now a grey area and they are looking into these types of claims, and to send my correspondence back to them.

I'm still waiting on an outcome but if anyone else has had the same kind of scenario, then get in touch with the FOS again as they are looking into these cases again.

Hi Siren

Thank you for posting up on this.
    Please keep us posted on this matter and hopefully the FOS will be able to investigate and resolve this now for you.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Siren1Siren1 Forumite
    161 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Thanks Di, I certainly will do, fingers crossed it's a good outcome.

Siren x

di3004 wrote: »
    Hi Siren

Thank you for posting up on this.
    Please keep us posted on this matter and hopefully the FOS will be able to investigate and resolve this now for you.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals