Q)combi boiler, turn off when on holiday???

Options
hi, i have a worcester 30si combi boiler. would you turn it off at the mains when going on holiday so theres no power going to it at all?
i was going to do this as once the batteries died on the wireless programmer/stat and it turned the heating on - i dont want this to happen whilst i am away.

or theres a frost protection setting on the heating knob, could i turn the heating onto this.

also would you turn the water off at the stop tap? would this affect the boiler/presure at all?

kind regards, al

Comments

• david29dpo
    david29dpo Posts: 3,748 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Turning the water off will not affect the boiler pressure and will be a good idea. I know of someone whos hot tap flexy hose bust while they where away so the boiler was supplying lovely hot water down the stairs for a week!
  • allan673
    allan673 Posts: 1,213 Forumite
    Options
    so turn the water off, and leave the boiler on?
  • david29dpo
    david29dpo Posts: 3,748 Forumite
    Options
    Thats what i would do, yes
  • TimBuckTeeth
    Options
    If you are turning off the cold water off then the boiler power off should be switched off too.
    I would turn the power off completely (except in winter when I would set to the frost protection setting instead). It does not do any harm, stops it doing anything and saves the standby power used by the electronic control board.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure