A little help with letter writing please?! :)

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
4 replies 639 views
BardoBardo Forumite
29 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
Hi all sorry if this is posted in the wrong place or anything.

Ive been lurking on here for a few months now and have started to claim back charges etc I had my first success yesterday when Halifax refunded my credit card charges to one card after following the reclaiming procedure :j

Anyway Im trying to reclaim for Credit card reypayment cover which i know i refused when offered because i simply did not want it. However after studying my statements ive found that the Halifax have been adding this to my statement each month. Now I sent them a letter about 6 weeks ago and heard nothing back, just need a little advice as to what to do?! Ive added the total up and was wondering if I should write again with the total I want refunding but im not sure how to word it, I want them to know I mean business. Its not even that much but it's the principal of it. They took my money without asking & I want it back!

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks a lot :)

Replies

• marshallkamarshallka Forumite
    14.6K Posts
    Bardo wrote: »
    Hi all sorry if this is posted in the wrong place or anything.

Ive been lurking on here for a few months now and have started to claim back charges etc I had my first success yesterday when Halifax refunded my credit card charges to one card after following the reclaiming procedure :j

Anyway Im trying to reclaim for Credit card reypayment cover which i know i refused when offered because i simply did not want it. However after studying my statements ive found that the Halifax have been adding this to my statement each month. Now I sent them a letter about 6 weeks ago and heard nothing back, just need a little advice as to what to do?! Ive added the total up and was wondering if I should write again with the total I want refunding but im not sure how to word it, I want them to know I mean business. Its not even that much but it's the principal of it. They took my money without asking & I want it back!

Any help would be appreciated
    Did you send the letter recorded delivery? You have to give them 8 weeks for a full and final response but usually they reply within 4 weeks just to say "we have received your complaint etc...". I would write to them again reiterating your first letter and see what comes of that. If you did not send this recorded delivery then they could of course say they have not received it and you may have to start again.
  • BardoBardo Forumite
    29 Posts
    I did send it recorded, I just though 6 weeks was a long time with no response. I didnt realise it was 8 weeks!
  • di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    Bardo wrote: »
    I did send it recorded, I just though 6 weeks was a long time with no response. I didnt realise it was 8 weeks!

Hi there

As Marshallka says, its 8 weeks they have, and then they should confirm this is received, and that they will be investigating.

If you heard nothing by the 8 weeks you can contact the Financial ombudsman service (FOS) and ask them to investigate this for you.

Keep us posted and we shall help you through this step by step.
    Hope you received a good response, good luck.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • melorablackmelorablack Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Your cover may have been sold when you called to activate your card....

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides