Given an at risk notice

Options
Hi, i wonder if anybody could help me please?
Myself and 27 others have been given at risk' notices. We have been told that there will not be 27 redundancies but we have not been given a clear idea of the number of posts. Although the news was not entirely a shock, the more i consider my options the more questions arise! Can anybody give advise on the following?
- Now that we have been given at risk notices are we entitled to reasonable time off for interviews'?
-if i considered part time hours, could i still request redundancy later in a given period. I had not considered this until i saw the thread on the employee refusing to work.
-If so, would a company be reluctant to accept part time hours if they wished to have the redundancy issue drawn to a close sooner rather than later?
thanks in advance!

Comments

• getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    At risk is the begining of the consultation process, they need to give the number since it makes a difference to the process if it is to be over 19.

I think time off kicks in once the consultation is complete and those to be made redundannt have been chosen and are in notice.

Then you are entitled up to 2 days paid time off, allthough many employers are much more flexable(some not so).

Consultation is a process to identify alternatives to redundancy.

If the underlying problem is short term then short working may be an option but this would need to be time limited to avoid the situation the other poster has.

If it is longer term then part time may be an option but these could be new positions so this would not be short time working and the same situation would not apply. Future redundencies would be based on the new lower wages which if still over £350pw make no difference.

The key is to encourage a more open process to find out what is going on, hope the employer is a fair one and will look for other alternatives, trying to consult properly to reduce the impact for both sides.
  • cat_lady_4
    cat_lady_4 Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for that, its very helpful. yes i think the individual consultation interviews will take place in a weeks time. Hopefully the employer will be open to flexibility!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure