Amazon selling nightmare!

Options
Hi,

I began selling on amazon - i sell through ebay mainly and started on amazon to expand. I received one A-Z claim - the buyer didnt contact me, but put in a claim after 3 weeks when the item wasnt received. as soon as i received the email about the claim, i responded to their online form, and checked the recorded delivery info. item showed acceptance at post office but thats it - royal mail say lost, and i have claimed.

amazon stated that signed for items dont go missing!!! They found in the buyers favour - because i was new to amazon this one claim left my claim percentage really high and they suspended my account reserving £1000.17 for 30 days. i responded to everything they asked and while suspended they took the 24.99 merchant fee!

30 days on the dot they email to say my account is permanantly blocked because of the high percentage of claims (1!) and now my money (down 24.99) is on hold for 90 days - they say they will reserve for 90 days in their T+C, but this will make it 120 days in total! :confused:

im going to try a small claim - can now be done online so much easier, as 120 days is past what they state in their T+C.

Just warning anyone else starting off there - it can be alot of money they withold so manually withdraw funds often!

michelle

Comments

• KILL_BILL
    KILL_BILL Posts: 2,183 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

I began selling on amazon - i sell through ebay mainly and started on amazon to expand. I received one A-Z claim - the buyer didnt contact me, but put in a claim after 3 weeks when the item wasnt received. as soon as i received the email about the claim, i responded to their online form, and checked the recorded delivery info. item showed acceptance at post office but thats it - royal mail say lost, and i have claimed.

amazon stated that signed for items dont go missing!!! They found in the buyers favour - because i was new to amazon this one claim left my claim percentage really high and they suspended my account reserving £1000.17 for 30 days. i responded to everything they asked and while suspended they took the 24.99 merchant fee!

30 days on the dot they email to say my account is permanantly blocked because of the high percentage of claims (1!) and now my money (down 24.99) is on hold for 90 days - they say they will reserve for 90 days in their T+C, but this will make it 120 days in total! :confused:

im going to try a small claim - can now be done online so much easier, as 120 days is past what they state in their T+C.

Just warning anyone else starting off there - it can be alot of money they withold so manually withdraw funds often!

michelle

ring them up
  • 00michelle00
    Options
    i tried, they say they wont discuss it over the phone and i have to email. But they just send a standard response!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure