Orchid dialler

Options
I have a V4 dialler and just found out the CW Client no longer in use. With the "call home" sequence ***12#4567890*3 when you hung up the LCD on the unit flashed for up to 2 mins.
I have just programmed it with the Set Clock sequence but no LCD flashing, is this correct? No confirmation?
I then tried the old call home sequence and the LCD flashed

Thanks

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    edited 27 June 2009 at 8:31AM
    Options
    Welcome to the MSE forums Galceran.

Orchid's server is no more so forcing your dialler to call home will do nothing.

Kevin Lawry has produced a clever Excel file with built-in macros to enable 'automation' of the manual programming procedures for those who have a dial-up modem - see HERE.

However, if it's just the time you need to correct, the easiest way is to use your telephone keypad. The procedure is simple enough - see HERE. There is no 'confirmation' though (the flashing LED when you key in the old force home sequence means nothing except the dialler is calling a number which no longer exists).
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • Galceran
    Galceran Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 27 June 2009 at 4:29PM
    Options
    Thanks. Is it possible to delete one of the Routing Code Table entries or is it clear the Table and then programme in all but the unwanted entry?
    If so do you have to pause between entries?

Thanks
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    I've not tried it but, if I wanted to delete a specific rule, I'd try duplicating a wanted rule in it's place.

e.g. If Rule 21 was no longer required but Rule 19 was still OK, I'd overwrite Rule 21 with the details of Rule 19 (except, obviously, for the last 2 digits).
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • Galceran
    Options
    Hey good thinking there.

Thanks very much
    Gilbert
  • lancasterchelsea
    Options
    having spent hours trying to get cw client to work.... just discovered it is defunct.... what a shame... I have been with Orchid since 2002 ???? and it works superbly. I am using the heinz variety which is working well with 18185
    what now..... it is still working and orchid have told me can change stuff manually through keypad etc..... do I abandon and find a new phone supplier
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure