Beware Mint Card

Options
I recently applied for a Mint Card (I am a credit card tart) and was awarded £2700 credit, they also sent me some blank cheques. I took Martin's advice and immediately made out a cheque for the full £2700 and put it in my savings account to get the interest for free. HA HA what a joke. I obviously didn't read the small print as the charge to use the cheque was £50 which meant I had effectively "spent" £2750 which meant I was over my credit limit for which I was charged a further £20 penalty. I have had the card for two months and so far it has cost me £70 ...............grrrrrrrrrrrrrr I could spit feathers. So please be careful fellow money savers!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• PoorDave
    PoorDave Posts: 952 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Vivsol wrote:
    I recently applied for a Mint Card (I am a credit card tart) and was awarded £2700 credit, they also sent me some blank cheques. I took Martin's advice and immediately made out a cheque for the full £2700 and put it in my savings account to get the interest for free. HA HA what a joke. I obviously didn't read the small print as the charge to use the cheque was £50 which meant I had effectively "spent" £2750 which meant I was over my credit limit for which I was charged a further £20 penalty. I have had the card for two months and so far it has cost me £70 ...............grrrrrrrrrrrrrr I could spit feathers. So please be careful fellow money savers!!!!!!!!!!

Is it wrong that i want to say this post should be called "Beware of not reading t&c's", not beware mint card?

:D
    Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery
  • Stonk
    Stonk Posts: 937 Forumite
    Options
    PoorDave wrote:
    Is it wrong that i want to say this post should be called "Beware of not reading t&c's", not beware mint card?

Or even ... Beware of trying to be a card tart or a stoozer, if you can't be bothered to read what you are signing up to!
  • Bokken_2
    Bokken_2 Posts: 657 Forumite
    Options
    More practise needed!
    As now you have to recoup your £70.
  • PokerPortal
    PokerPortal Posts: 253 Forumite
    Options
    Vivsol wrote:
    .....<snip>......, they also sent me some blank cheques. I took Martin's advice and immediately made out a cheque for the full £2700 and put it in my savings account to get the interest for free.

Did Martin really advice this?
    Money in longest works hardest
  • Pots'o'dosh
    Pots'o'dosh Posts: 49 Forumite
    Options
    Point taken, but i was only trying to warn others to read the small print as it was very easily missed plus it is the first time I have had to pay anything to use a cheque.
  • manicdays
    manicdays Posts: 235 Forumite
    Options
    you really must read the terms & conditions. As a card holder & by signing up, these are your responsibilities.

Unfortunatly you get nothing for free in this life! ;)

Lisa
    MoneyBox savings £30.37 (10/05/06)
    Now at................£54.50(07/06/06)

:j :j :j :beer: :beer: :T

Bank account RBS in the black

Bank account Lloyds in the RED :mad:
  • The_Boss
    The_Boss Posts: 5,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Vivsol wrote:
    Point taken, but i was only trying to warn others to read the small print as it was very easily missed plus it is the first time I have had to pay anything to use a cheque.

Sounds like you were more interested in venting at MINT. What I dont get is that if you were a regular stoozer/card tart, how did you get caught out by this?
  • PoorDave
    PoorDave Posts: 952 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Vivsol wrote:

It is in the summary box, not particularly well hidden.

Only smug as i have this card for stoozing too, and was careful, and checked a few things out on here before writing CC cheque.

:D
    Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery
  • stevo84_2
    stevo84_2 Posts: 370 Forumite
    Options
    dont mint offer 0% fee free cheques once youve had the card for 7 months? sure ive read it somewhere but not totally sure! it may have been 7 months or in Jan 07 or something to that effect...
    Current stoozing balance (Since 23/4/06): -£1335
    Matched betting proffit (Since 25/4/06): £295 I think (Getting confusing!)
    Quidco Balance: £55 :beer: * Updated 31st May *
    If anyone sees any arbs at canbet / betandwin please let me know! *Thanks*
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family