Over ride provider help

Options
Hi i'm with talktalk phone and broadband package, i pay talktalk for my line rental, do i have to pay bt a connection fee eveytime i use an over ride provider and should i change to paying bt for rental( maybe i can't as part of the package)

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    edited 26 June 2009 at 11:53AM
    Options
    How can you pay BT when you don't have an account with them?

As you have your line rental with Talk Talk, it's highly unlikely you'll be able to make calls via the prefix override providers (1899, 18866, 18185) using their 4 or 5 digit prefixes but you will probably be able to use their Freephone access numbers to reduce your non-inclusive call costs.

You will not have to pay Talk Talk for those calls at all.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • Ypaymore
    Ypaymore Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Options
    If your on TT Line Rental you have left BT completely.

If your using a 0844/0845/0870/0871 override access number your pay TT a connection fee and call charge as you obviously cant pay BT.

If you can use the like,s of 18185/1899/18866 and not all TT customers can, unless you use their freephone access your pay 18185 etc etc.

Havent you got inclusive calls on TT to your Intl Destination.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure