🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Submitting CV's to online websites (i.e. Reed)

Options
2»

Comments

456789 Posts: 2,305 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well I sent off some applications through the website - it says that my CV and covering letter have been forwarded to the recruiter (one guy left a voicemail earlier will ring him back in the morning)

Accounting (hopefully get a graduate traning contract but not easy to come by...)
  • RobTang
    RobTang Posts: 1,064 Forumite
    Options
    Most PDFs are just text anyway.

It took me 30 seconds to copy and paste a PDF copy of my CV into a normal word file and then another min to re-format it, it really offers nothing in the form of content control.

I suppose you could goto the effort of encoding the entire thing as a big image but I think that would be beond most people.
    456789 Posts: 2,305 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    OK

I guess I was just worried they would mess up the layout if they removed the address, but now if they do employers will probably know that agencies mess about with cv's
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport