cheap calls with talk talk

Options
Are there any options for cutting the cost of calls if you subscribe to talk talk's line rental given the bar on indirect access numbers?

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Most of the dial-through providers (mainly 0844 numbers) shown on the MSE UK and International Callcheckers are available through TT (e.g. 1p/minute for UK 01/02 calls) but it would be prudent to establish exactly what TT charge for calling those numbers before using them (the Callcheckers show what it costs to call from a BT landline).

Frankly though, changing back to BT is the best way to open up all the options.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • utilitybroker
    utilitybroker Posts: 2,207 Forumite
    Options
    Heinz wrote:
    Frankly though, changing back to BT is the best way to open up all the options.

Especially as TT charge for basic 1571 vocemail,and caller display where as BT dont.

Line rental with basic 1571,and caller display £11.00p a month with BT, £12.49p a month with TT.

Then theres TT expensive peak rates to call 0845 numbers 4.5p a minute :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure