Changing gas and elec

Options
Hi i'm currently on eon price protection plan-v14 for my gas and elec i'm a low user capped to october 1) will I get penalised for changing , done a comparision and scottish power is cheaper £45 a year +£30 for changing, also thought of going on eon online extra saver plan,happy with eon but 2)should i be looking around to change as deal ends in october, i like being on capped but am i limiting myself

Comments

• anniecave
    anniecave Posts: 2,443 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you mean is there a charge if you change plan or switch suppliers, then you need to check with Eon for this.

If I was you, if there was no penalty for changing now, then I would consider looking what fixed or capped deals are available now (or within the next couple of months). Over the last couple of years prices have gone up over winter and dropped back a bit afterwards, so the best fixed deals are available BEFORE the suppliers decide to put their prices up for the winter.

Where is your £30 from - is that a comparison website deal? I think some cashback websites (eg quidco) might be giving away more than that for a transfer to scottish power directly
    Indecision is the key to flexibility :)
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi pennyshahin

Just thought I'd confirm there are no cancellation charges on our Price Protection version 14 tariff. You can switch at any time without penalty even before the end date of 1 October 2009. :)

Our Energy Online Extra Saver tariff gives additional discount for managing your account online but the unit prices are not fixed.

Hope this helps.

Malc :)
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • KimYeovil
    KimYeovil Posts: 6,156 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    There is a 'penalty' for leaving E-on - they will charge you extra on your final bill. You will not receive any discounts - about 13.5% (varies with region). Not so bad now if you've already had your winter bills and will only have summer consumption left.

How low a low user are you? E-on have very high Tier 1 rates so that is punishing for low users. And did you check the single-fuel tabs on the comparison sites as well?

As mentioned by Annie you will receive at least £62 (sometimes £100) from Scottish Power if you switch via Quidco or Topcashback.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure