Rossendale Bailiffs - A Totally Wrong Approach & Should Be Stopped!

Options
I have already mentioned about my previous & recent dealings with this well known 'Hard faced company'

THIS COMPANY IS VIOLATING HUMAN RIGHTS OPERATING AS THEY DO!!

I don't personally get upset by their 'Hard' letters & tactics, But I am posting this because they are getting away with 'Terrorising' vulnerable & elderly and unemployed people into paying them money which they may not have or be able to afford.

I rang them once about my debt that they are pursuing, I offered what I thought was a fair payment but they 'Still demanded more from me'

I TOLD THEM STRAIGHT!!

What amount do they stop at ?

I have done research on the company, And was surprised to find that it is a very large company, I was thinking it was a small office in a Lancashire cotton town run by a dozen middle aged self made 'Hotheads' who have no life experience of hardship!

But, No they are a multi million company with a large amount of admin/call centre staff and over 200 Bailiffs on it's books.

The company is run by a lady MD who herself started out as a Debt/Bailiff or whatever 'Sc*um' they are!!

She must take GREAT pride in collecting for 140 English councils and at the same time upsetting a good percentage of the country who are finding it hard enough as it is without these 'Sc*um knocking on doors and frightening good loyal people, people from all sorts of backgrounds.

ANYONE CAN BE VISITED BY ROSSENDALES.

I have read page after page on this company since I got a letter from them, And everybody is saying the same - They need to be stopped as a 'Pressing concern'

I have read everything from people ending up in hospital, To Bailiffs doing the most illegal things to peoples houses - In fact anything to recover the money.

Some people have been (Illegally) broken into.

They are also renowned for using violence on vulnerable people - Which is totally unecessary at any cost.

Okay, They are doing a job, But there are more human ways of doing things to recover the money, Which may not even be owed in the 1st place?

The councils make matters worse, Because like as in my case the council never contacted me by letter or phone to discuss the matter 'peacefully' but NO they passed it straight onto this 'So called professional company - Or proud to be professional' as their slogan states?

I would have taken GREAT pleasure in attending court and disputing the amount payable.

I don't know how these Bailiffs & the staff they employ can sleep at night knowing full well that they are causing misery on a massive scale?

Of all the collection companies this Rossendale company has without doubt got to be the worst in Britain to deal with.

I do however wonder if there is some sort of 'Scam' going on with the money between the council & the Bailiffs?

They get full marks for adding on the cost of a van (If it is even present) and all the other pathetic charges they 'Slap On' to you just because they feel like it!!

I was 'LIVID' when I got home from work on monday to read words like REMOVAL VAN - WALK IN POSSESION - FULL PAYMENT (My !!!!) etc!!

I felt like going to see them 'In person' there and then but I would be wasting my time, They would hide behind a steel gate or a receptionist behind a computer!!

Who do they think they are talking to = a 5 year old ?

I could be a millionaire or a MORE succesful businessperson than them for all they know?

Or I and/Or (Associates/Friends of mine) could have the facilities in place to RUIN the company all together both mentally & physically?

I should think they have a big list of enemies & experienced people more powerful than them?

Do they think they are the Biggest & hardest company in Britain or what?

I have read pages & pages of people all saying the same negative comments about them.

The company (Should) abide by their regulator, But they DON'T and what has upset me is that they are totally flouting the laws & Human rights & getting away with it!!

Nobody has yet said okay 'Cool' it all down and operate sensibly and deal with people (Human beings) in a 'Normal' & safe way.

The laws on collections was changed in 2001, But this company seems to operate their own law.

I just think it is very sad that people like this Rossendales make money out of people in debt or owing money, This just makes the situation 5 x as worse for the debtor.

Well Rossendales BC has DEFINATELY put the area of Rossendale on the map Lol!!!

I have never been there - But If I do one day have to go there then I would DEFINATELY give Rossendales BC have a day they would never forget!!!

And that's a 110% guarantee!!!
Thomson 757 Man

Comments

• RobertoMoir
    RobertoMoir Posts: 3,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    uktyler wrote: »
    I am sure the charges are regulated, and they cannot legally add charges just because they 'feel like it'.

lol. You've not dealt with many certificated bailiffs have you?
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything
  • bellrooster
    bellrooster Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    Options
    No I have not.

Are you saying that these bailiffs can add add what ever charges they like?

Surely a bailiff adding unregulated charges can have his certificate taken away?

Yep they can! I've been charged for a levi on a car (not my car, not sure who the vehicle belongs to), a waiting fee, and attendance fee, all totalling to £250! when really they can only charge for 2 visits (about £50).

Now, just gotta work out how to get my money back...
  • RobertoMoir
    Options
    No I have not.

Are you saying that these bailiffs can add add what ever charges they like?

Not legally, no. More than a few do that though.
    Surely a bailiff adding unregulated charges can have his certificate taken away?

They can and they should. They however know that 99% of the people they speak to will have no idea of the rights and laws pertaining to bailiffs and that a complaint will never be made.

I'll give you just two examples I'm keeping an eye on from here alone
    serious procedural issue, illegal fees, complete disregard for the rules and laws that are supposed to govern the industry..

Illegal levy & fees charged based on that, therefore invalid.

These are just two I've been watching here this week, there are lots of other examples. I have to say when I used to work as a bailiff, I got upset and annoyed with my bosses who put us under pressure to charge as much fees as we could and sail at what I felt at the time was awfully close to the edge, but compared to the behaviour I routinely see reported here these days, my former bosses were positively angelic.
  • RobertoMoir
    Options
    Yep they can! I've been charged for a levi on a car (not my car, not sure who the vehicle belongs to), a waiting fee, and attendance fee, all totalling to £250! when really they can only charge for 2 visits (about £50).

Now, just gotta work out how to get my money back...

If this is council tax, start with a complaint to the council via your local councillor.
  • Jaffa.
    Jaffa. Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    Options
    So what happens if someone does'nt open the door to a bailiff? ...Just wondering :)
  • RobertoMoir
    Options
    Well, assuming we're talking about council tax, they are supposed to leave a letter. They can do this for two visits and can charge, I think, about £42 total for both letters. That's the sum total of charges they can put on a debt if they can't levy, though if there was a car on the driveway I think quite a few people would check to see if they could levy on that anyway.

From what I've seen here, what actually happens is that bailiff companies keep charging for further visits :-(
  • nexuss
    nexuss Posts: 989 Forumite
    Options
    So do you have proof they break into homes illegally ? Do you have proof they use violence on people ? I would look at your post again due to legal reasons.
  • nicksters
    nicksters Posts: 267 Forumite
    Options
    I have never been there - But If I do one day have to go there then I would DEFINATELY give Rossendales BC have a day they would never forget!!!

And that's a 110% guarantee!!!

Oh my I bet they're cacking their pants now! :rolleyes:
  • melorablack
    melorablack Posts: 1,114 Forumite
    Options
    If someone you didn't know owed you money, I'd bet you'd do all you could to get it back. :p

If everyone who owed a company/organisation money never paid it back imagine the companies that would go bust and the jobs that would be lost. Then there would be more people who couldn't afford to pay their debts and more companies down the drain....on and on and on and on and on until the whole country is jobless - but at least no one will owe any money. ;)
  • RobertoMoir
    Options
    If someone you didn't know owed you money, I'd bet you'd do all you could to get it back. :p

If everyone who owed a company/organisation money never paid it back imagine the companies that would go bust and the jobs that would be lost. Then there would be more people who couldn't afford to pay their debts and more companies down the drain....on and on and on and on and on until the whole country is jobless - but at least no one will owe any money. ;)

Of course people should repay their debts.

And of course people enforcing that repayment, where enforcement is needed, should enforce repayment legally.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport