Great tip for folks looking for hotels!

Options
I was on the hunt for a nice hotel for Dublin in October and I was looking and looking but either the hotels I found were not to my liking or out of my budget.

BUT THEN I came across https://www.hotel-board.com and I got me a great deal for the Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane (this hotel has a pool, gym too!) On the hotels website for 4 nights it was about £520 for 4 nights WITHOUT breakfast :eek: but on the hotel board website I got the same room WITH breakfast for £260!!!

I am quite pleased with this savings and so is my husband lol. :D
:money:
:D *If you like the advice I give...let me know by clicking the THANKS button* :D

Comments

• bcl999
    bcl999 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    Options
    Can't say I found the site terribly helpful. When I clicked through to a specific hotel page, the price jumped on average 15% from the initial one shown on the list of hotels page. Seems strange.
  • bcl999
    bcl999 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    Options
    Just revisited the site and it seems they add "tax & fees" which accounts for the jump in price. I can't find any explanation of what these tax & fees actually represent though.
  • Nordictat2
    Nordictat2 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Same thing goes for Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline etc ;)

ANyways, I'm quite happy with the result of paying half the price of what the actual hotels site wanted!
    :D *If you like the advice I give...let me know by clicking the THANKS button* :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure