National Savings & Investments (NS&I)

Options
NS&I- that one that Sir Alan Sugar harps on about.

Well I found my old pay in book at the weekend and also my last statement which still has my parent address on it.
The account has about £13 in it and I think I want to ressurect it with a monthly payment.

Anyway I plan on changing the address on it but I just wondered if there are any peeps out there that regularly save with NS&I??

I thought it would be a good place to save money which I can't get quick access to so I won't be tempted to spend it:p

How easy is it to pay money in? Can I just go to the post office with the cash and pay-in book?
Spreading the gospel that is Martin Lewis to the future generation....I'm a Home Economics Teacher and being thrifty is the way!:A

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    nyway I plan on changing the address on it but I just wondered if there are any peeps out there that regularly save with NS&I??

Which product?

NS&I is a retailer of products. It isnt a product in its own right.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • HockeyDuo8083
    Options
    Well mine is an Investment Account.

Just wanted to hear about other peeps experiences with any products with NS&I tbh.
    Spreading the gospel that is Martin Lewis to the future generation....I'm a Home Economics Teacher and being thrifty is the way!:A
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It pays 0.2% interest on balances of less than £25,000 and 0.3% above this.
    There are many accounts that pay in excess of 3% with instant access.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure