Vistaprint Rewards ???

Options
I recently purchased some free business cards from VistaPrint and have today received an email and I am getting a bit worried:

You currently have a membership with VistaPrint Rewards, where you can get great savings at many of your favorite retailers and service providers such as Marks & Spencers, John Lewis, B&Q, Dixons and many more.
As a reminder, the next billing date for your £9.95 membership fee is April 15, 2006. Your account will be billed on or after this date, according to the membership terms agreed upon.

Your membership fee will show up on your statement as follows:

VPREWARDS.COM VISTAPRINT-UK

You can access all your benefits online at: http://www.vprewards.com

If you are completely satisfied with VistaPrint Rewards and want to continue saving, simply do nothing and your access and discounts will automatically continue. If you wish to terminate your membership please send an email to the address below.

cancel@vprewards.co.uk

Please attach the following details in your email:

Membership ID Number
Account Password
Full Name
Email address used at registration
Your membership will be terminated within 30 working days as per our terms and conditions.

Yours sincerely,

Karen Heath
Membership Programme Director

Comments

• zenmaster
    zenmaster Posts: 3,151 Forumite
    Options
    I have bought a fair bit of stuff from Vistaprint in the past. They are quite OK IMO, although they do swamp you with loads of email offers.

On my last purchase I clicked a few intersting looking links which took me to the "Vistaprint Rewards" page. I spotted the £9.95 membership and thought "No Thanks" so did not continue.

It's my guess that you went 1 click too far.

I doubt that it's a scam (other than the £9.95 subscription that is!) so I would just send the cancellation email if i were you.
  • pompeyken
    Options
    Me too ... been stung two month running ... I even spotted it last month and thought at the time it was strange, but didn't act quick enough. Since been in touch with my credit card company today (disputes department) ... Sorted !!!
    I had a call from Vista Print within 10 minutes, total refund (allegedly) promised within 10 days.
    Watch this space .....
  • stugib
    stugib Posts: 2,602 Forumite
    Options
    Suggest you take a look at http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=202892 - there's far too many reports of people being signed up, both on MSE and scam websites for it to not be a scam or at least a deliberate attempt to mislead/inertia marketing.
  • nej
    nej Posts: 1,526 Forumite
    Options
    I suggest all you lot look at the date of the original post! Nearly 18 months has passed!
  • stugib
    stugib Posts: 2,602 Forumite
    Options
    nej wrote: »
    I suggest all you lot look at the date of the original post! Nearly 18 months has passed!

Grrrr, I renew my previous request on the Board forum to auto-lock inactive threads after 6 months!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure