Equigas Price Increase?

in Energy
10 replies 1K views
alaredalared Forumite
4K Posts
Being totally fed up with Pgen , I`ve searched the sites and Ebico now keeps coming up top for savings.
One reason could be that they haven`t increased their prices since 1st Sept 2005 whilst most of the others have,hence the big savings.
Surely it must be reasonable to suspect that an increase is overdue and I`d like to know if anyone knows or has been told about any.
Ebico has a 0845 number,does anyone have a normal number for them and also what hours their helplines are open.

Replies

• squigglessquiggles Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    sorry i dont know when the price increase is as i am also waiting for it before i change my supplier.:)

office hours post 1
    phone no. post 9

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=160019
  • CardewCardew Forumite
    28.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Ebico get their gas/electricity from Southern Electricity. As the latter has today announced large rises, it is reasonable to assume they will be increasing their prices soon.
  • alaredalared Forumite
    4K Posts
    I think I`ll hang on a bit `til the dust settles.
  • 1jim1jim Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dont know about new customers but I am sure that when they increased their prices last time they said they would not increase prices for a ste period of time????
    cant remember how long though or if it covers new customers, sorry cant be much help but may be worth calling them
    jim
  • StormyStormy Forumite
    386 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I could have sworn someone else mentioned elsewhere on this forum that the prices for Ebico are not controlled by Scottish & Southern Energy Group, only the billing. We will see I suppose.
  • 1jim1jim Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stormy wrote:
    I could have sworn someone else mentioned elsewhere on this forum that the prices for Ebico are not controlled by Scottish & Southern Energy Group, only the billing. We will see I suppose.

thats what I understand, that Ebico just use scottish and southern to provide bills etc, I understand they set their own prices and are not controlled by scottish and southern
  • glad i found this post coz i was gonna ask about this. My mum (who i always advise from advice gained from here) switched to equipower for gas and eleccy shortly after I did. Yesterday she calls to tell me that they had an npower guy round switching them as they were cheaper- i was furious as i felt they were pressured into it as usually happens. anyway i just went to energyhelpline from the main page link and thats coming up with equipower as cheapest. my question is that since i used southern electric standard tariffs, i thought they were through ebico as thats where i originally signed up? can anyone shed any light please?
  • Just phone up and cancel the switch to npower,with them cold calling I think you have 14 days to cancel but I would do it sooner.
  • XbigmanXbigman Forumite
    3.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know someone who sells door to door for SWEB. They have been trained to highlight different aspects of their price structure to make themselves look good. He says that if a potential customer is with Ebico he simply points to the unit price and doesn't mention any standing charges or higher tiers. He also says 80% of people have no idea what they are actually being charged or why. Selling is easy in these circumstances.

Cancel the switch. Phone both Npower and Ebico (tell Ebico it is an erroneous transfer) but also write (recorded delivery) to Npower cancelling.
    Regards

X
    Xbigman's guide to a happy life.

Eat properly
    Sleep properly
    Save some money
  • jen_jen_2jen_jen_2 Forumite
    1K Posts
    my understanding is that ebico set their own prices and that they were fixed until sept 06, maybe for exisiting customers though
    Ready to Go Go!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides