Best value credit card for small business?

Hi

I was wondering if anyone had some tips on the best value credit card to get for a small business?

We're currently using a Viking MBNA VISA card (£50 credit with Viking Direct in the first year) but there's an ongoing annual fee of £50 per card so we're looking to swap.

I've tried searching the MSE forums but the search form doesn't seem to be working.

So far I've come up with a few ideas..

1) MBNA Small Business card - no annual fee. I can't find any T&Cs to see if it's ONLY available to sole traders and partnerships though (we're a limited company)

2) AMEX - as far as I can tell none of their cards have fees, but instead they don't seem to offer any interest-free period on purchases (apart from any introductory promotional rate). Most personal credit cards end up giving about 45 days or so but they seem to charge interest from the moment an item is charged to the account.

3) RBS - £28/card per year - would be cheaper than out current card.

Does anyone have any comments on the above or have any suggestions for other card suppliers to try? There doesn't seem to be nearly as much choice as for personal (non-business) cards!

Cheers

Alan

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,017 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    There are some tips on searching somewhere, I believe it's important not to use capital letters ...

But anyway, I think there's something about credit cards in the top two threads on this board, I know there have been extended discussions on this board about the 'best' credit card for small biz ...
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Hi Sue. I tried again with the search (making sure I didn't use caps) and it still just returns a blank page after clicking the search button :(

I had a look at the top two threads in this forum (SB: Business Bank Accounts and SB: Small Business Start Up Discussion) but they both seemed to only mention bank accounts rather than credit cards as far as I could see.

Does anyone have any tips or know of a thread that discussed it?
  • Well, it looks like not many people responded to this thread since it was started in 2006...

I am just now ditching my bank's credit card (for which I pay a £35 annual fee) in exchange for a fee-free MBNA card. http://www.mbna.co.uk/business/index.html

The fee-free card is called Sole Traders, Self Employed & Partnerships, but it includes Ltd. companies as well when you go into fill the form. This might not be the best deal, but I am putting it in the MSE bulleting board to see if anyone has a better option.

Suggestions?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport