We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Severe disablement allowance and maybe going back to work
ladysparklexx
Posts: 848 Forumite
Hi I'm currently signed off sick with ME and a few other medical problems. I have been recieving servere disablement allowance for a few years, and have just been offered an opportunity to maybe come off this.
Im sure that you are able to carry on recieving your benefit for a couple of months if you earn under a certain amount amount for example work part time. Or there is a payment to help you set up your own business and go self employed.
I really want to look into the possiblity of doing this as I have been offered a job to work from home for about 8 hours a week, this I can fit around my rest times and hospital appointments etc. But however I cant find anything on the internet about this.
Im sure that you are able to carry on recieving your benefit for a couple of months if you earn under a certain amount amount for example work part time. Or there is a payment to help you set up your own business and go self employed.
I really want to look into the possiblity of doing this as I have been offered a job to work from home for about 8 hours a week, this I can fit around my rest times and hospital appointments etc. But however I cant find anything on the internet about this.
If you want the rainbow you have to go through the rain.
DMP start jan 2012 hopefull finish march 2020
Weight to loose 49lbs done of 91lbs finally sat in a pair of size 14 jeans and top for the first time in 14 years :j
DMP start jan 2012 hopefull finish march 2020
Weight to loose 49lbs done of 91lbs finally sat in a pair of size 14 jeans and top for the first time in 14 years :j
0
Comments
-
Try phoning the office who deal with your claim - they can give exact advice based on what you are claiming.
Then, follow it up with a letter to confirm things in writing, just to ensure you're in the clear.
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards