meeting to discuss my employment is it a s discliplinary meeting ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Zazen999
    Zazen999 Posts: 6,183 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    fatou256 wrote: »
    i am very disapointed obviously you can sack someone unfairly but hery that is your fault ?
    i didnt know that an employer can count how many tablet left is part on your likelyhood of returning to work ?
    being harassed by my boss is your fault too ? i came here for support and advise what i have got biased jugement ....

Sorry, I can't help if you won't answer the questions that I asked.
  • Jomo
    Jomo Posts: 8,253 Forumite
    Options
    i am very disapointed obviously you can sack someone unfairly but hery that is your fault ?
    i didnt know that an employer can count how many tablet left is part on your likelyhood of returning to work ?
    being harassed by my boss is your fault too ? i came here for support and advise what i have got biased jugement ....

Hmmm not sure what you want to hear?

But the fact is it sounds more like you are hoping there will be a case for you to sue...and I personally don't think there is. It is unreasonable to think an employer is going to keep your job open forever more....and alot of what you are saying is sounding abit off the wall really, you have been given advise, it is up to you whether you act upon it.
  • Emmzi
    Emmzi Posts: 8,658 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i came here for support and advise what i have got biased jugement ....

you asked if it was likely to be under formal procedure. probably, as you have been asked to bring rep.

I think you wanted to know if it was legal to dismiss you for poor attendance. yes, it is

You wanted to know why your boss hadn't followed procedure. We have no idea, only your boss does. They do need your permission to contact OH for a referral, did you give this?

If you want people to say 'it'll be fine, they'll keep you on/ you can go to an ET' - well, if that isn't true, we shouldn't say it. You should hope for the best (that employer will want to talk about return to work) and prepare for the worst (that you will be asked to leave)

In my opinion you have the expereince of people with many years HR and management experience. However feel free to ignore it.

If you would like a second opinion, and to be able to discuss your case in more detail, I would suggest you seek advice from your union if you have one, and you may wish to talk to the CAB about disability discrimination legislation,m before meeting with your boss.
    Debt free 4th April 2007.
    New house. Bigger mortgage. MFWB after I have my buffer cash in place.
  • Horace
    Horace Posts: 14,426 Forumite
    edited 14 June 2009 at 11:28AM
    Options

I am sorry if you don't like what I have said, I have written it from the position of an ex-union rep and as someone who has been in the same position as you.

I worked for my employer for 12 years and at some point during that period I faced redundancy but was redeployed, then that contract ended and I was redeployed again and worked in a department where the boss was an absolute pig (whilst working for my employer, I developed an eye disease which lead to me having glaucoma and losing some sight). The bullying that I endured made my eye disease worse to the point that I had to have more and more surgery, I went off sick with stress then returned to work but the situation remained the same so I went off sick again. I too was called into work to see the Assistant Director of HR and at that point it was decided that as I was incapable of returning to work (I had been off sick for 4 months by that time having spend a few months off sick before the easter) that my post would be made redundant. My employer also didnt follow procedure with regard to my appeal against redundancy nor my grievance - as a result of their inaction and their failure to make reasonable adjustment I took them to an employment tribunal, I also had to have 3 lots of eye surgery too. Thankfully since I am no longer in such a stressful environment the eye disease is under control and yes, I am working - for myself.

You have come here asking people to agree with you - they can't, life is unfair and you can be dismissed if you are permanently off sick with no hope of ever returning to work - you cannot reasonably expect your employer to hold your job open indefinitely, it is bad business practice and they need to get someone to do the work that you do...sorry its life. Move on and get well and get another job.
  • Horace
    Horace Posts: 14,426 Forumite
    Options
    One wonders why fatou has deleted every post they have made on the thread they created?:confused:

Mods..please can you delete the thread..as it has been rendered a pointless exercise.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure