meeting to discuss my employment is it a s discliplinary meeting ?

Options
fatou256
fatou256 Posts: 1,289 Forumite
deleted .....
BSC number 183

Comments

• Jomo
    Jomo Posts: 8,253 Forumite
    Options
    Maybe your employer is wanting to know where they stand in regards to how long you will be sick for. Things do carry on you know and maybe they want to get together to decide your future with the company so that they can fill your role or decide to get some longterm cover.

Or are you hoping that they do the wrong thing so that you can take them to court?

Do you think you will go back to work in the future? Has your doctor given you any idea of how much more time off work you'll need?
  • Zazen999
    Zazen999 Posts: 6,183 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do you want to go back to work?

Do you think that there are some adjustments that can be made in order for you to go back to work?

What do you want to happen as a result of this?
  • fatou256
    edited 13 June 2009 at 6:24PM
    Options
    deleted ......
    BSC number 183
  • fatou256
    edited 13 June 2009 at 10:44PM
    Options
    deleted ....
    BSC number 183
  • Jomo
    Jomo Posts: 8,253 Forumite
    Options
    fatou256 wrote: »
    my employer is aware and i was upfront with them .. that was the whole poitn of gp and consultant report ! so my bos shas a medical opinion i even provided myslef then why asking me access to my full medial record ... as my gp said what is their need to know my medication or blood test resutl will do for them ?

at no point she discuss how and what arrangement can be done..... her visit and phone call was only just to have a noisy around .. she even went to say to som of my coleague that i was having a long term holiday ..i didn't know that being in hospital consider a long term holiday....

on the querstion if i want to return to work yes but i want to make sure there is support there and so far it seem that they re bend on dismiss me without any consideration. be foer i went ill .. there were serious isue arising from her action or more i said inaction .

At the end of the day you have already had considerable time off and you have to understand that your employer (who presumably is still paying something towards your sick pay) has invested interest in your wellbeing, albeit they may be going about it in the wrong way. If that is really your biggest concern then the best way to deal with it is to communicate it to your employer, trying to avoid any kind of meeting/discussion with them will merely heighten their concern. Look at it from their point of view, they are an employee down, they are more likely to keep a job open when they are kept in the loop regularly as to how you are progressing, by avoiding this they may get the impression that you will be off for longer than they can hold your job for.
  • Emmzi
    Emmzi Posts: 8,658 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    what has your doctor said about the likelihood of you returning to work?

if it is open ended ie does not have an end date when you will be able to go back, where does that leave your employer?
    Debt free 4th April 2007.
    New house. Bigger mortgage. MFWB after I have my buffer cash in place.
  • fatou256
    edited 13 June 2009 at 10:44PM
    Options
    deleted ....
    BSC number 183
  • Emmzi
    Emmzi Posts: 8,658 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    fatou256 wrote: »
    my contract metion that in case of long term illness they woudl pass through occu health why was not pass through it when i ask for it ?

Well we aren't going to lnow that, are we! One to ask the boss again.

I would suggest that if you have been advised to bring a colleague or union rep then it is a meeting under formal absence management or capability procedures. So be prepared.
    Debt free 4th April 2007.
    New house. Bigger mortgage. MFWB after I have my buffer cash in place.
  • Horace
    Horace Posts: 14,426 Forumite
    Options
    I doubt that it is a disciplinary meeting, they want to ascertain the likelihood of you returning to work. Employers often ask for medical records of someone who is on longterm sickness absence when they are considering retiring them on the grounds of ill health, they need to know a) if any reasonable adjustment could be made or hours changed or whatever to see if you are able to return to work or b) they want to retire you on ill health grounds because there is no hope of you ever returning. They need these documents to pass on to occupational health too for their opinion on your condition (occupational health usually has doctors in it).

Also you have said that your employer has visited you at home? This isnt to have a nosey around as you put it but to see you to discuss your employment in an attempt to ascertain if you are fit to return.

It isnt unusual to be asked to take a union rep with you to meetings, your employer is being compliant when they offer that facility. It is so that you have someone there with you who can possibly speak on your behalf as well.

I think that you also need to be honest with yourself because by your own advmission you have been off sick for a very long time and your employer cannot reasonably expect to keep your job open indefinitely if there is little chance of you returning. If you were well enough then surely you would have returned to work by now but instead you have been signed of for longer.

I am sorry if this sounds harsh but its to show you how your employer may be thinking so be prepared to be given ill-health retirement.
  • fatou256
    Options
    i am very disapointed obviously you can sack someone unfairly but hery that is your fault ?
    i didnt know that an employer can count how many tablet left is part on your likelyhood of returning to work ?
    being harassed by my boss is your fault too ? i came here for support and advise what i have got biased jugement ....
    BSC number 183
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport