IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.
Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Car Rental - newly qualified driver

in Motoring
1 reply 4.3K views
Hi
I passed my driving test last month (Feb '06) and I am hoping to rent a car in London for a trip down to Cornwall, however I am having extreme difficulty in renting a car as I am a newly qualified driver.
It appears that most companies require you to have held a valid licence for at least a year or two (I am assuming this is for insurance reasons). Does anyone know of any companies who do not have this requirement and rent cars to newly qualified drivers? I am 28 so the age thing shouldn't be an issue
Cheers in advance

Replies

• ExemplarExemplar Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    You have two hopes of hiring a car in this situation mate, Bob and none. Sorry.
    'Just because its on the internet don't believe it 100%'. Abraham Lincoln.

I have opinions, you have opinions. All of our opinions are valid whether they are based on fact or feeling. Respect other peoples opinions, stop forcing your opinions on other people and the world will be a happier place.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Cheapest Christmas dinner

We've crunched the numbers to find the best prices

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum