One million Norwich Union policyholders to share £1.4 billion

in Savings & Investments
50 replies 9.3K views
This thread is to discuss the following news story:

Replies

• clairbear_3clairbear_3 Forumite
    198 Posts
    Ive read that 99% are expected to take cash.But would think that anyone whos policy matures in 10 years+(such as me)has a good chance of benefitting greater than measley £200 on offer
  • just received my pack have been paying for 21 years and they offer us £300 !!!!! is it worth it ???? the endownment wont pay off the mortgage as it is. Do we take it or not ??????????? anybody taking the offer ?????
  • clairbear_3clairbear_3 Forumite
    198 Posts
    looking at their illustrations anyone whose policy matures in next few years are advised to take cash
    dont know what allthe fuss has been over such a pittance:confused:
  • Geoffo_MGeoffo_M Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    This has always confused me. Is this in addition or instead of the 3 yearly payments that were to be paid on your balance at Jan 2008, 2009 and 2010?
  • azureblue_2azureblue_2 Forumite
    308 Posts
    Geoffo_M wrote: »
    This has always confused me. Is this in addition or instead of the 3 yearly payments that were to be paid on your balance at Jan 2008, 2009 and 2010?

It's in addition.

Lucky us! ;)
    :hello:
  • thats lucky we will see what we get in the end up lets hope it gives a bit of spending money for me hols :T better get me form filled in and sent off so that i can get me money!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • bagbybagby Forumite
    828 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    we have an endowment policy with them - will we be eligible - we havent received any paperwork about this?
  • BaldurBaldur Forumite
    6.6K Posts
    bagby wrote: »
    we have an endowment policy with them - will we be eligible - we havent received any paperwork about this?
    If you are eligible, you should have already received massive amounts of paper over the last couple of years regarding this from both Aviva/Norwich Union/Commercial Union and the Policyholder Advocate, if not the latest offer documents.
  • brewerdavebrewerdave Forumite
    7.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    bagby-There was/is a checker on the NU site to see whether you were eligible for a payout - think you had to input policy no.
    Unfortunately I wasn't !
  • lisa76lisa76 Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't received my pack yet, but i await it eagerly. I'm not expecting any more than the minimum, but anything helps. I just want to know when I can cash it in, because I think it'd be better off in an ISA!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Stoozing, sublets & summer sips

This week's MSE Forum highlights

MSE News

Martin Lewis quizzes Rishi Sunak

Watch the cost of living support Q&A here

Join the MSE Forum discussion

48 craft beers for £50 delivered

One-off bundle for newbies. Excludes Northern Ireland

MSE Deals