Royal Mail complaints procedure

Options
Hi,
This is my first post here. I have absolutely no idea if this is the right section to post this under but I couldn't find a more appropriate one.

My issue is with Royal Mail.
There is a woman who drives the Royal Mail red van and delivers parcels. So I only see her when she's delivering to me or someone else in my area.

Now the issue is that I have three times witnessed inappropriate driving (4 times since my original complaint). By this I mean several things:

1) she pulled out in front of me as she didn't bother looking and I had to do an emergency stop.
I let it go. We all make mistakes.
2) She has delivered to me and drives at an entirely inappropriate speed on our drive. I live on what they call a "private drive" where there are 4 houses. There is only room for one vehicle at a time and there is a very sharp bend which you cannot see round. Since she drives so fast on this section she could easily cause an accident; run over someone walking round the bend; or kill an animal walking in the road.
I have witnessed this twice.

The 4th time, which was after I complained was when she was driving well over the speed limit in the surrounding area on a normal road.

I followed the royal mail complaint system. However, they require your full name and address.
I feel giving such details would put me in a vulnerable position. So I did not give a name (choosing initials instead), gave the name of small cul-de-sac I live on and the postcode (but not the house number - there are only 12 houses on this cul-de-sac). I also included detailes the incidences and the registeration number of the vehicle involved and a description of the woman.

The response to the complaint was that they could not handle it as I did not give my name. The person writing to me did not give their name either. They failed to see the irony of this.

I then complained again to complain about their complaint system and explaining that giving my name would put me in a vulnerable position. I have to open my door to this woman when she deivers parcels!

Again, their response is that nothing can be done unless I give my name.

What else can I do? Her driving is very bad and dangerous. It seems to me that Royal Mail will not take this seriously until she kills someone. I am a quiet and very shy person who cannot deal with knowing that she knows it was me who lodged a complaint against her.

Any suggestions on where to go from here or whether there is an organsiation who can complain on my behalf?

Thanks

Comments

• becky170
    becky170 Posts: 857 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've just put in a complaint to royal mail and I didn't think twice about giving my name. I doubt that when they talk to a member of staff about a complaint made against them that they name the person making the complaint. If you are really worried about your name being given to the postwoman in question could you phone customer services and ask about the complaint procedure and ask whether it is confidential?
    Mortgage-free wannabe #66 £105/4000
  • mazza111
    mazza111 Posts: 6,327 Forumite
    Options
    I just want to state that it wasn't me driving that van!

Honestly, don't be afraid to give your name. Names wouldn't be given to the posties, but handed down to managers. Would also state on the complaint that you do not wish for your name to be given to the postie tho. If her driving is that bad then she really needs a refresher course tbh.
    4 Stones and 0 pounds or 25.4kg lighter :j
  • tbw
    tbw Posts: 5,137 Forumite
    Options
    If you are really worried and annoyed about this you may just have to stick your head over the parapet and give your name.!

You are unlikely to have any problems from the Postie but there is a chance that you will. Other people who have complained have reported problems with their post not being delivered and such like - Posties are just as likely to be vindictive as the rest of us but, bearing in mind they stand to get the push if they are caught (especially after the original complaint) most of them wouldn't do anything.

Personally I would report the situation and b***** the consequences - but then I tend to be a bit of a bolshie c** if somebody is acting dangerously .
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
  • boxerlover16
    Options
    OP ,why dont you just have a friendly word with the driver,we dont bite.
  • balloo_2
    balloo_2 Posts: 876 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,
    This is my first post here. I have absolutely no idea if this is the right section to post this under but I couldn't find a more appropriate one.

My issue is with Royal Mail.
    There is a woman who drives the Royal Mail red van and delivers parcels. So I only see her when she's delivering to me or someone else in my area.

Now the issue is that I have three times witnessed inappropriate driving (4 times since my original complaint). By this I mean several things:

1) she pulled out in front of me as she didn't bother looking and I had to do an emergency stop.
    I let it go. We all make mistakes.
    2) She has delivered to me and drives at an entirely inappropriate speed on our drive. I live on what they call a "private drive" where there are 4 houses. There is only room for one vehicle at a time and there is a very sharp bend which you cannot see round. Since she drives so fast on this section she could easily cause an accident; run over someone walking round the bend; or kill an animal walking in the road.
    I have witnessed this twice.

The 4th time, which was after I complained was when she was driving well over the speed limit in the surrounding area on a normal road.

I followed the royal mail complaint system. However, they require your full name and address.
    I feel giving such details would put me in a vulnerable position. So I did not give a name (choosing initials instead), gave the name of small cul-de-sac I live on and the postcode (but not the house number - there are only 12 houses on this cul-de-sac). I also included detailes the incidences and the registeration number of the vehicle involved and a description of the woman.

The response to the complaint was that they could not handle it as I did not give my name. The person writing to me did not give their name either. They failed to see the irony of this.

I then complained again to complain about their complaint system and explaining that giving my name would put me in a vulnerable position. I have to open my door to this woman when she deivers parcels!

Again, their response is that nothing can be done unless I give my name.

What else can I do? Her driving is very bad and dangerous. It seems to me that Royal Mail will not take this seriously until she kills someone. I am a quiet and very shy person who cannot deal with knowing that she knows it was me who lodged a complaint against her.

Any suggestions on where to go from here or whether there is an organsiation who can complain on my behalf?

Thanks

Do the Royal Mail have one of them stickers on the back of the van the one that says HOWS MY DRIVING and gives you a phone number to ring?
    The solving of a problem lies in finding the solvers.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    balloo wrote: »
    Do the Royal Mail have one of them stickers on the back of the van the one that says HOWS MY DRIVING and gives you a phone number to ring?

no

to the OP you must surely see why they need a name/address
    otherwise would you have someone disciplined on the word of a random phone call?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure