Can you add recorded delivery to freepost?

Options
Hi, Need some advice. I send a old phone off to envirofone.com using their supplied Freepost label. My wife took the package to the local post office and instead of charging the £0.73 for the added recorded delivery that envirofone recommend the post office charged the normal small packet price for the weight, I think £1.73 and added the £0.73 for recorded delivery so a total of well over £2.46.

Where I though I'd just need to pay the extra 0.73 for the recorded delivery and the Freepost would take care of the actual small packet.

So my question is: Can you add recorded delivery (and pay for it of course) to a Freepost envelope and the Freepost info/label/address cover the actual sending?

Hope I'm making sense and the prices above are from memory so they may be out a few pence:rolleyes:
“Having, first, gained all you can, and, secondly saved all you can, then give all you can"....John Wesley

AMAZON SELLERS CLUB member 0062 come and join us make some space and get hold of some cash, we're on the Ebay Board

Comments

• kprigg
    kprigg Posts: 718 Forumite
    Options
    I had a stamped envelope (one I had put a stamp on myself) & then when to the post office & got sent it recorded. They didnt like doing it, but Im sure its not against the rules.
    Not so sure about freepost envelopes - I would have thought it would be the same, but sometimes the post office baffles me!
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,250 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They should do it without argument. They just need to add a further 75 to cover recorded, put the orange stickers on and away you go.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Maysie
    Maysie Posts: 2,379 Forumite
    Options
    i have paid just for recorded on a freepost item that was about a year ago.
  • grace2much
    grace2much Posts: 366 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks everyone....back to the PO for a refund:D
    “Having, first, gained all you can, and, secondly saved all you can, then give all you can"....John Wesley

AMAZON SELLERS CLUB member 0062 come and join us make some space and get hold of some cash, we're on the Ebay Board
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure