Have Abbey improved their Customer Service

Options
I know Abbey (and its soon-to-be-merged sister A&L) are not the most popular bank on these boards, but I was wondering if you thought their customer service - both in branch and on the phone - had improved in recent months. I gather a lot of their problems stemmed for restructuring they did when Santander bought Abbey and whipped it into shape again. It's just that I'm thinking of moving my savings and one of my current accounts to them but really will think again if their customer service is awful, as this means a lot to me.

Comments

• D1zzy
    D1zzy Posts: 1,500 Forumite
    Options
    Avoid like the plague IMO!
    My experience was that they sent me the wrong account no and I transferred 10K into the account. Since customer service needs to be able to match the account no you provide with your security details in order to do anything, and in my case they did not match, it was a nightmare trying to get back the money. Hours of phone calls; no-one willing to give a personal contact no or email, no-one knowing what had gone on in previous calls; everyone promising that they would sort it and doing nothing. It was sorted in the end, but the promised compensation never appeared.:mad:
  • Morn
    Morn Posts: 216 Forumite
    Options
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

--Albert Einstein--
  • withnell
    withnell Posts: 1,629 Forumite
    Options
    If you go and deal with things in branch they're good at sorting things in my experience - over the phone is shocking though, and when the cashier diverts you to a phone in the corner, stand your ground then you end up with a known face in your local branch who'll chase for you!
  • simon_templar_2
    Options
    Service on the phone is bad as you end up round in circles with departments and different phone numbers and people that cant speak English. The branch are limited into what they can do in terms of resolutions unless it is a 'minor' issue. It is not so much a case of have Abbey improved service but more a case of can the person you speak to be arsed to sort it.
  • stoat
    stoat Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    I agree, their phone service is just abysmal! In my experience you can't rely on anything they tell you as you will get different contradicting answers to the same question from different people, answering letters takes weeks (if at all), they don't seem to know their own products, their probably ok if you don't have a problem though.
  • 97trophy
    97trophy Posts: 915 Forumite
    Options
    avoid if you can.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts