Bank complaint - contact details wanted (Smile)

Options
Hi guys.

I have an ongoing complaint with Smile. I wrote to them about 7 weeks ago. They wrote back confirming receipt of the complaint and said they will get back to me in due course.

Having not heard anything I emailed their complaints address and a few days later received an email saying that they would try and process my complaint quicker. I don't think this level of service is great - especially as I pay for their Smile More Account! I still have not heard from them.

Anyway - I wondered if anyone here has contact details/names/emails for anyone up the chain of command at Smile - preferably in Customer Relations etc ? I would prefer to avoid the financial ombudsman route if possible!

Thanks,

MED

Comments

• Lokolo
    Lokolo Posts: 20,861 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Did they give you a complain reference? Make sure you always use that in your correspondance. Just write another letter saying you are disappointed blah blah blah and see if they hurry things up. You could always threaten to ombudsman which would speed things up, but then if they don't deliver you'd have to go down that route.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MED1975 wrote: »
    I would prefer to avoid the financial ombudsman route if possible!
    Why (attempt to) short-circuit established procedures/processes?

One short phone call to the FOS brought about a very speedy (and extremely favourable) resolution to a complaint I had with A&L last year.
  • 7sefton
    7sefton Posts: 610 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Glad (well, not glad I suppose!) that someone else is having a similiar experience to mine with regards to Smile's complaints department. I haven't heard anything since confirmation that they had received it - and that was over 4 weeks ago. Tried ringing Smile on the usual number to ask how my case was progressing - they couldn't tell me anything and told me to ring the Co-op Bank's specific complaints department. Haven't got round to it yet but I'm very disappointed in them.
  • realaledrinker
    realaledrinker Posts: 1,661 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    David Anderson
    Chief Executive Officer
    Co-operative Financial Services
    Miller Street
    Manchester
    M60 0AL
    Ethical moneysaver
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories