Need Advice of Saving

Options
Hi All,

I'm new to forum, so apologies if I have posted in the wrong place.. I've been looking through the site and forum and I'm confused on what my best option is for saving a regular amount each month.

I'm looking to save £550 per month, I don't need instant access to my savings but will need access to them with 1 months notice (I'm saving to go travelling but wont be going for another 14- 16 months or so..)

I've taken a look at offering from Natwest and Barclays and they dont seem to offer anything much over the base rate....

Any ideas / advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Lokolo
    Lokolo Posts: 20,861 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can you definately save for 12 months, and definately save something every month?

If so, a regular saver would be best.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/best-regular-savings-accounts#best

---

There are maximum amounts so if you want to also open up an Instant Access ISA (assuming you are a taxpayer), the savings from this will be tax free. Whereas every other savings account (outside an ISA, including the above), will be taxed at your tax rate.
  • thriftymomma
    thriftymomma Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    Options
    Barclays regular saver was a top choice not so long back. I think it was about 6.5% but you can only save £250 a month.
    Got Halifax Classic to reduce my interest rate by 5% woohoo - 10/06/08 Thanks MSE!
    Another 3% shaved off 10/12/08
    ANOTHER 4 % June 09:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family