We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Ulster Bank E-savings plus

Options
I'm thinking about opening one of these, however I have one concern - how do you make the initial payment?

I got the impression the minimum initial payment (>=10k) needed to be made using cheque which I am not at all comfortable with.

Comments

• malik999
    malik999 Posts: 376 Forumite
    edited 2 June 2009 at 2:58AM
    Options
    Call 0800 046 6486
    Lines are open:
    Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm,
    (excl. bank holidays).

How do I contact someone for more information?
    You can contact us on 0845 3014 970 between the hours of 8am to 10pm Monday to Friday

http://www.ulsterbank.com/ni/personal/saving/instant-access/esavings-plus/faqs.ashx
  • neilp
    neilp Posts: 210 Forumite
    Options
    That is correct - I sent a cheque, which was fine, but like you I did not feel comfortable about it.
  • D1zzy
    D1zzy Posts: 1,500 Forumite
    Options
    ..interesting that we now feel so uncomfortable with cheques, when only a few years ago it would have been the norm and we would not have thought twice about it
  • luvpump
    luvpump Posts: 1,621 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yeah a cheque for me too, I think its the only way to open it :confused: ,, Good account tho !... One word of caution, although it claimes "Easy access" I am viewing this as a 6 month Bond, because the penalities are too big in any month you withdraw, & after 6 months you lose the "Bonus rate"
    Then I will be on the hunt for the next best deal ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.5K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure