🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Delta Airlines - Help !!!

Options
I m looking at going to New York in December flying from Manchester. I have got a good price on the flights with Delta. Booking through lastminute or expedia the flights are £800, booking direct is £400. I spoke to skydeals today who said that Delta are in real trouble and they are no longer selling flights with the yet lastminue and expedia are.
Has anyone hear about any Delta problems ? Help please before I book.

Paul

Comments

• canny_yorkshireman_2
    Options
    I would ring some other brokers and agents to try and get a better picture if the same comes back try another airline for peace of mind or get some astute insurance for the trip
    hth
  • jenniferpa
    jenniferpa Posts: 1,036 Forumite
    Options
    Well yes, Delta are in difficulties, along with most of the US airlines. Both United and USairways are in chapter 11. I think maybe Northwest is, as well. However, if you avoid every airline that's having difficulties you won't be going anywhere. If you are purchasing your ticket several months in advance I would suggest insurance, and that would go for any airline. If you're buying on a shorter time frame and you pay with credit card you should be able to intitiate a chargeback (but check your credit cards terms).

Jennifer
  • Amba_Gambla
    Amba_Gambla Posts: 12,107 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I asked the travel agent about this because the flight I want is about £400 cheaper by United - he told me that you are safe if you use a travel agent because of all the ABTA etc bonding - even safer if you use a CC..

Like someone else said, if you avoid every airline in trouble you're going nowhere....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport