is it true that all virgin media phone systems are down/they can't pull up records?

in Techie Stuff
3 replies 604 views
Hi

Just trying to call VM broadband tech support, as the newsgroup broadband support have reset email password and told me to call VM BB TS. Line very bad, and really ignorant guy just left me on hold, so I called back on the main customer service number and it sounded like the same guy, and he was telling me all the systems are down, records can't be pulled up at all, must call back in 3-4 hours, then just went quiet, so again I had to end the call. Is that true? I've never known VM's whole phone system to collapse, especially on a Sunday.

Just called, quarter to 9. Just checking if anyone else having the same problem, and just doesn't sound true, plus got no email access!

Cheers, Cat

Replies

• It's not unheard of to happen. They could have chosen that time to carry out maintenance as it's a low call volume time so it has less impact on service levels overall.
  • edited 1 June 2009 at 8:41AM
    philnicandamyphilnicandamy
    15.7K Posts
    edited 1 June 2009 at 8:41AM
    wouldnt suprise me......its happened in the past to me and as anewhope said they usually choose the quietest time (remember seeing on virgin's status page a day or two ago about a national telephone works update)
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
  • catalina66catalina66 Forumite
    653 Posts
    Thanks. Makes sense now. I think it must have been the 'impeccable manners' (lol) of the guy that had made me wonder. Many thanks for letting me know.

Best regards, Cat
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Boost your Nectar points

Get up to £25 in bonus points

MSE News

Ask an Expert: Scams

Watch MSE Katie's answers to your questions

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals