Reclaiming Bank Charges

Options
Hi,

Any advice would be gratefully accepted.

I have been pursuing a claim against LLoyds TSB to have approximately £3,000 of bank charges, accrued since 2003, since July 2007. I have been writing to the bank regularly in pursuit of the claim and wrote in early May, stating that I was now experiencing financial hardship.

I received a letter yesterday, stating that I had been unable to maintain my account in the usual manner for 6 month period in 2004, as a result the bank are prepared to make a 'goodwill gesture' and will credit the £810 to my accounts within 10 days. The letter further states if I do not agree with the assessment I can refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman, which I plan to do.

As the letter only makes reference to the 6 month period in 2004, if I accept this amount, does it mean that cannot pursue, the balance claim?

Fi

Comments

• natweststaffmember
    natweststaffmember Posts: 12,063 Forumite
    Options
    fifk wrote: »
    Hi,

Any advice would be gratefully accepted.

I have been pursuing a claim against LLoyds TSB to have approximately £3,000 of bank charges, accrued since 2003, since July 2007. I have been writing to the bank regularly in pursuit of the claim and wrote in early May, stating that I was now experiencing financial hardship.

I received a letter yesterday, stating that I had been unable to maintain my account in the usual manner for 6 month period in 2004, as a result the bank are prepared to make a 'goodwill gesture' and will credit the £810 to my accounts within 10 days. The letter further states if I do not agree with the assessment I can refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman, which I plan to do.

As the letter only makes reference to the 6 month period in 2004, if I accept this amount, does it mean that cannot pursue, the balance claim?

Fi

No it doesn't as the amount they are offering is not the full amount. Any amounts owing will be paid on the conclusion of the OFT test case.
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family