Credit card charged but no ticket

Options
hey guys
im in a bit of a mess right now. i tried to book a flight with etihad airways in the morning online. when it processed the payment, the mesasge came up that payment declined, so i tried again. apparently citibank had blocked the card. however when i rang them to find out whats the prob, they said that the money has been taken by etihad.Citi also gave me an authorisation code. now etihad say they dont have anything on record,they have got the auth code and passed it oto some relevant dept.. and have told me to wait 48 hours...i really need to get this thing sorted as its really urgent. can anyone suggest what should i do?? call citi to cancel transaction coz i think thats possible with a credit card or should i wait for etihad..coz they were mentioning about getting the money refunded..(all that indian callcentre scripts..no offence to asians)

so plz lemme know what shud be the next step??? any help would be appreciated. thanks guys..

P.S its my bros credit card, however they said they can use it for my flight.

Comments

• jd87
    jd87 Posts: 2,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It being your brother's credit card is probably the problem!
  • ElkyElky
    ElkyElky Posts: 2,459 Forumite
    Options
    I had a situation very similar to yours happen to me. I had to wait 5 days for the money to appear in my bank account. My problem somehow managed to fix itself.

I had contacted the other company and they said they did not receive the payment and the bank said there was a problem with the authorisation or something.

The bank gave me an appointment to speak to someone about it, 9 days later. However, 5 days after making the appointment, it fixed itself and the money returned to my account.
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • withnell
    withnell Posts: 1,629 Forumite
    Options
    I had one transaction posted 4 times to my citicard account - the 3 "declined" goes dropped off after 4 days or so
  • bigbum_2
    bigbum_2 Posts: 866 Forumite
    Options
    I had a similar thing happen to me recently. The c/c confirmed payment had been taken and gave an authorization number even though the retail company said the card had been declined. I was told to give it 3 days and the retail company would pursuit the whereabouts of the transaction, but after 7 days the money was returned to my card without any investigation carried out.

Not sure if it helps but good luck with it.
  • farhadhussain
    Options
    thanks guys for the help! so what do u reckon..shud i go ahead and book another flight with my debit card this time.. as i really need to go..and whether i shud call the credit card ppl n say that this transaction is fradulant etc.. i dont wana pay for the ticket twice
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Options
    thanks guys for the help! so what do u reckon..shud i go ahead and book another flight with my debit card this time.. as i really need to go..and whether i shud call the credit card ppl n say that this transaction is fradulant etc.. i dont wana pay for the ticket twice

Was your Brother aware that you used his card?:rolleyes:

Citi Bank should not have discussed any of his business with you, you are not the card holder.

If you tell the card company that it was fraud, your Brothers card will get blocked and you may get prosecuted for impersonating him, as I have said, they cannot legally discuss his private business with you.

I think that you should be very careful.
  • farhadhussain
    Options
    lol..easy now..by sayng I contacted citi, i was tryna make it easier for ppl to understand...my brother actually called and asked them what happened..he's not that good to give me his password or etc lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure