Lenders that dont look at credit searches

hi guys, can you let me know lenders for whom credit searches are not important - for both personal loans and credit cards...
and what credit agency they use.

i have heard tesco personal finance disregard searches and they search exquifax for their loans....... please correct me if i am wrong.

any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I can only think of back street money lenders!
  • savagej
    savagej Posts: 1,158 Forumite
    no they call it a "super-accept" I believe were they make the decison on the internal credit score and dont resort to a CRA, however, I am not sure who does it. Many do it when you bank with them but there are some who do it even when you dont. You can also get a "super-decline" in the other direction were your score is so low they dont bother looking at the CRA's either.
  • Rose123
    Rose123 Posts: 397 Forumite
    savagej wrote: »
    no they call it a "super-accept" I believe were they make the decison on the internal credit score and dont resort to a CRA, however, I am not sure who does it. Many do it when you bank with them but there are some who do it even when you dont. You can also get a "super-decline" in the other direction were your score is so low they dont bother looking at the CRA's either.

Interesting......
    Official SOS Club number 014 - Dry until 29.11.09
  • teeni
    teeni Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    My daughter in law banks with the HSBC and they were told that if they rely on their own internal systems, they were advised to operate an account for 6 months correctly and they would have a good chance of success, and after 6 months they applied for a cc and got it, low limit but a start and better than the vanquis one they had before.
  • Simon_Preston
    Simon_Preston Posts: 180 Forumite
    HSBC definitely can do credit cards and loans without a credit search. But you do have to bank with them. I got a £1000 loan off them without question last summer as my internal score was so good. Alliance and Leicester wouldn't give me one and even Welcome Finance (that A+L very nicely passed me onto the sods) wouldn't give me one - which is a blessing cos if they had I wouldn't have thought to pop into HSBC and ask... and I've have a grand loan at probably 69%apr!

I doubt you'd get any sort of borrowing without a credit search unless its from your bank.

While I think about it. Is there a thread that tells us which banks gives cards/loans using an internal score? If not - lets make one!
  • digitalphase
    digitalphase Posts: 2,087 Forumite
    Do Barclays give loans and credit cards based on soft searches? My internal score with them must be good as I've been with them for about 12 years. Although they wouldn't give me a student credit card when I applied about a year ago.
  • never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    HSBC definitely can do credit cards and loans without a credit search. But you do have to bank with them. I got a £1000 loan off them without question last summer as my internal score was so good. Alliance and Leicester wouldn't give me one and even Welcome Finance (that A+L very nicely passed me onto the sods) wouldn't give me one - which is a blessing cos if they had I wouldn't have thought to pop into HSBC and ask... and I've have a grand loan at probably 69%apr!

I doubt you'd get any sort of borrowing without a credit search unless its from your bank.

While I think about it. Is there a thread that tells us which banks gives cards/loans using an internal score? If not - lets make one!

Mate HSBC do an enquiry if you bank with them, the best way around this and to generate what is known as super accept is to go into branch and ask for an account review. Then they'll tell you what you're guaranteed to be accepted for, obviously they'll have done an enquiry first before getting the limits/products.

If you specifically apply for a loan/CC then your internal score helps but it does not guarantee anything and they will always conduct a search.

I know this for a fact as I applied for a HSBC card 3 weeks ago, my credit file is a mess due to incorrect linked address but my internal behaviour score was in the 70's which is very good. This would alone have got me a card had my file been ok but it wasn't so they declined me as a result of data retrieved from the CRA's.

The exception to this is I also had an account review done and they done an enquiry - well 2 actually, but not a search unlike my CC application which came up as a CC application (full search).

The thread that explains which lenders search who is here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1678785
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • Simon_Preston
    Simon_Preston Posts: 180 Forumite
    Hmmm, interesting. I had no search done on my file for the loan I took out. The guy I spoke to at the branch did it as my behaviour score was good. I do know they do a search if you apply for a loan online though (I know this cos my first port of call for the loan was HSBC online - which I got turned down for. Thats on my file, but the other isn't.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure