Post Offfice Homephone offer and Quidco?

Options
Anyone out there combined the PO Homephone offer of £50 off rental and calls until 31st March with ordering through Quidco and getting £30 cashback?

I applied for Homephone this morning but only joined and browsed Quidco tonight!!! There was no mention of being able to get both sums in Martin's landline article so maybe they cannot be combined.

New to this moneysaving cashback malarkey so any help appreciated :confused:

Comments

• *!*HIBS*!*
    *!*HIBS*!* Posts: 551 Forumite
    Options
    In order to be paid by Quidco, you need to apply for the PO phone account all online. Make sure your computer has cookies enabled, so that after clicking the link from Quidco, the cookies are tracked whilst you complete your transaction(s), this and any other transactions you do online from cashback sites. It seems like you might need to cancel that order and then re-order online.
  • royboy1
    royboy1 Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for that Hibs. I was wondering if anyone had actually ordered via Quidco and had got both discounts set up? I suppose cancelling and reordering would answer that!
  • markyb_2
    markyb_2 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Hi royboy1,
    Yes I have successfully got the £30 cashback from Quidco after joining the Post Office. I have also just got £10 for recommending a friend as well. Friend got £10 as well, so I will have a total of £90 back, Bargain.
  • royboy1
    royboy1 Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    Cheers Markyb. Seems too good to be true but got nothing to lose by cancelling and reapplying. Especially as I only use the landline for internet access and fending off coldcallers ;)
  • Peakma
    Peakma Posts: 728 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I really can't stand BT and resent paying them my bills for line rental.We live out in the country ,so cable isn't an option,I thought there was no alternative to BT.
    I noticed this deal on quidco while browsing for car insurance(endend up getting that from the AA via quidco,with £60 cashback!) and wondered about it,then forgot to look again.So can anyone use this service,is it cheaper than BT line rental,does it effect who you get your broadband and calls through(talk talk at mo)???
    would anyone reccomend this service? It seems a good deal to miss with the cashback,should I go for it?
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Move your line rental anywhere and you can't use CPS.

As Martin said when the P.O. offer first became available, it's really only suitable for very low users (they don't even offer 5.5p per call eveing and weekends).
    Light Users (If your BT bill is under £5 for calls made)

If you make very few calls, line rental cost is more important than call cost. Join Post Office Home Phone* before the end of March 2006 and it gives £50 credit towards both line rental and call charges. Its calls aren’t cheap, so higher users should ignore this, However for those who are spending less than £5 a month (on a main provider) this is a good deal.

The £50 credit is paid on the 2nd and 3rd bills, which you will receive in the 3rd and 6th months, thus you need have the phone for six months to qualify. Thus you could simply use up the £50 then ditch it and switch to the cheapest calls provider after that.
    The rest of us use a CPS for free evening and weekend 01/02 calls, 1899/18185 and saynoto0870.com
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure