dla didnt recieve renewal form help pls

Options
hi my dad was recieving dla high rate care & mid rate mobility he was 65yrs last june ,i sent a renewal form back to dla around xmas time & presumed they had recieved it however in march this year when my mum took dad to his bank he found that dla hadnt paid him since january ? my dad was saving for a walk in bath !!! when i phoned to see why he hadnt been paid they said they did not recieve the form back ? i was told that there was nothing could be done about this only to start a new claim of which is still being processed. Is there an appeals process that he can follow he really needs the bath my mum has to wash him sat on the loo , no fun or dignity ,any info would be greatly recieved.thanks in advance.dee

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    kaisstuff wrote: »
    hi my dad was recieving dla high rate care & mid rate mobility he was 65yrs last june ,i sent a renewal form back to dla around xmas time & presumed they had recieved it however in march this year when my mum took dad to his bank he found that dla hadnt paid him since january ? my dad was saving for a walk in bath !!! when i phoned to see why he hadnt been paid they said they did not recieve the form back ? i was told that there was nothing could be done about this only to start a new claim of which is still being processed. Is there an appeals process that he can follow he really needs the bath my mum has to wash him sat on the loo , no fun or dignity ,any info would be greatly recieved.thanks in advance.dee

Blimey sorry to hear this, how distressing this is for you all, the forms are bad enough to do once never mind again.

Can you remember if the forms were posted back by recorded delivery?
    If so there is a tracking number on the receipt given by the post office if you still have this.

Hopefully someone will post up soon with some helpful advice for you, I wish you all the very best.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • kazzah
    kazzah Posts: 460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    bit late in the day but for ANYONE sending in DLA forms I would STRONGLY advise sending the forms via ROYAL MAIL SPECIAL DELIVERY - it is the ONLy guaranteed delviery service from RM
    yes it is expensive- but well worth the £5 to KNOW your forms have been received- then if the DWP deny they have received them, you can produce your delivery number and confirm they received them - then you would have a good chance of arguing that any re-instatement of the benefit should be backdated as they lost the forms
    long winded and expensive- but worth it
  • ladybelle
    ladybelle Posts: 233 Forumite
    Options
    Well I am now in this exact predicament. I did ring them today after checking the form where it says to ring THEM if I havent had the acknowledgement letter by 2 weeks. OK I am 2 days early and 25th May WAS a bank holiday, but I am comparing with last time and the acknowledgement letter was in within a week.
    BUT I sent it recorded delivery, and have the proof here, BUT the (very snotty!!) woman said there was "nothing showing in the system" and suggested I rang again in another WEEK !! I cannot wait that long. What I didnt say to her was that I had the proof etc, as I didnt have it with me when I rang so now I'm in a right state.
    How long does it take to get it ON the system from receipt ?
  • tenacioust123
    tenacioust123 Posts: 276 Forumite
    Options
    What you have to remember, that when you send the forms in is that it goes to a central post room your recorded delivery will tell you that it has got to the post room. But from there it has to go to the relevant department that will be dealing with your claim.

Just think of how much mail they receive on a daily basis, this has to all be sorted. Like you said you contacted them after about 7 working days, so like the person advised I would give them anothe 5 working days then call.

Recorded delivery does not guarentee that it gets to the correct department, however I'm sure yours will be there in a few more days.
  • ladybelle
    ladybelle Posts: 233 Forumite
    Options
    I hope so :) Thank you :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    kaisstuff wrote: »

The bad news is that if his DLA claim has lapsed and he`s now over 65 his only option will be to claim AA(attendance allowance),unfortunately this only has a care component and no mobility part so is often less £££.
    For this reason it will be worth fighting to get them to search the building for the claim forms(they often get lost and once a week they "sweep"the building for missing forms)might even be worth involving your MP.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure