Is there any reason for me not to go with iii?

Options
Kua
Kua Posts: 303 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 29 May 2009 at 10:11PM in Savings & investments
I'm looking for an online broker and making this decision has been mindblowlingly difficult. However I know I won't be trading regularly and I want my money to be inside a tax wrapper. Having no annual management fee and no ISA fee and at just £10 per transaction, III seems the right choice. But am I missing a trick here? With so many permeatations and so many hidden charges in the world of stock brokerage I feel as though I might be.

Comments

• mgh
    mgh Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    Been great for me. Had no problems
  • Kua
    Options
    mgh wrote: »
    Been great for me. Had no problems

Cheers MGH. Well I set up the account with them. I found it a little bit frustrating and non-intuitive but ho-hum. I've submitted my app for the ISA account and have been told:

"We will contact you shortly to complete your online registration once we have validated your details."

Unfortunately they're not open over the weekend, but hopefully it gets sorted Monday. I'm presuming they'll email me.
  • tradetime
    tradetime Posts: 3,200 Forumite
    Options
    I have an trading ISA with iii, not had it for long, but for what you seem to be looking for they should be ok, nothing special, but ok, costs are competitive with what else is out there for ISA's
    Hope for the best.....Plan for the worst!

"Never in the history of the world has there been a situation so bad that the government can't make it worse." Unknown
  • Kua
    Options
    How long was it before III verified your details tradetime? Did they simply send you an email and you were then able to trade?
  • tradetime
    tradetime Posts: 3,200 Forumite
    Options
    Kua wrote: »
    How long was it before III verified your details tradetime? Did they simply send you an email and you were then able to trade?
    I was living outside the country for some time and am only fairly recently resident here again, so it was impossible apparently for them to electronically verify my identity, thus I had to send them documentation, I'd say for me it was approximately 2 weeks, although I also had to phone them when it seemed to be taking longer than it should and chase it up. At that point having received my documentation and returned it to me almost a week, they were able to activate my account during the phone call
    Hope for the best.....Plan for the worst!

"Never in the history of the world has there been a situation so bad that the government can't make it worse." Unknown
  • Kua
    Options
    tradetime wrote: »
    I was living outside the country for some time and am only fairly recently resident here again, so it was impossible apparently for them to electronically verify my identity, thus I had to send them documentation, I'd say for me it was approximately 2 weeks, although I also had to phone them when it seemed to be taking longer than it should and chase it up. At that point having received my documentation and returned it to me almost a week, they were able to activate my account during the phone call

Hm, that doesn't bode well. Though your circumstances were different. I'll give them a buzz in the morning, try and hurry things along ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure