eas

seeya23
seeya23 Posts: 2,330 Forumite
edited 29 May 2009 at 8:08PM in Disability money matters
put in for esa over 2 weeks ago how does it take befor they start paying me

Comments

• ESA can take as little as 2 weeks and as many as 7 or 8 depends on the area and how busy they are
  • jaxw17
    jaxw17 Posts: 26 Forumite
    My son has been waiting 5 weeks despite claiming for berevement - his partner has committed suicide. Has been told when he ring that they are making special effort to sort it !!!!
    We are keeping him.
    Was told to apply for a crisis loan was on the phone waiting for 1.5 hours yesterday and still no answer.
    It took 8 weeks with no money for him and his partner to sort out a JSA claim. This stress contributed to her taking her own life I am convinced.
    The system is a shambles, A disgrace, in human we treat animals better than this in this country.
  • seeya23
    seeya23 Posts: 2,330 Forumite
    jaxw17 wrote: »
    My son has been waiting 5 weeks despite claiming for berevement - his partner has committed suicide. Has been told when he ring that they are making special effort to sort it !!!!
    We are keeping him.
    Was told to apply for a crisis loan was on the phone waiting for 1.5 hours yesterday and still no answer.
    It took 8 weeks with no money for him and his partner to sort out a JSA claim. This stress contributed to her taking her own life I am convinced.
    The system is a shambles, A disgrace, in human we treat animals better than this in this country.

sorry to hear that
  • jaxw17 wrote: »
    We are keeping him.
    They are atm extremely busy and thanks to cut backs understaffed as well
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport